Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Xerox Employee

Re: Apps will not install - need update

Thank you, Joe!

Can they clone their device settings so that they don't have the start completely from scratch?

Thanks!

Analyst Nation Moderator

They can, but I would not suggest it.

Realistically though, clone it, wipe it, make it work and test it, if all is well and the apps install, restore the clone, if it breaks, do it all over again and leave out the clone.

It just depends on if the clone backs up whatever is causing the issue or not.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.

I have a blank 2GB USB drive.   I have attached screenshots.

After inserting the USB drive in the USB port on the right side of the console and then turning on the switch.....it boots as normal.   Then gives the foollowing message in the status bar..."Immediate Job Overwrite Failed.  Perform On Demand Overwrite Immediatly."

The machine is online and ready for use.   I have removed the USB drive and did a soft restart.   It is normal.   What could be the problem with altboot?screen 1.PNGscreen 1.PNG

Analyst Nation Moderator

[ Edited ]

Man, this whole deal is just not going your way is it?

At the machine, login as admin and check that Machine Status > Tools > Network Settings > USB Settings is on Software tools, and not Direct Print via Driver

Additionally, make sure the USB is FAT format and not NTFS

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.

I am feeling like a real PITA but we have to be getting close!

On the configuration report...Connectivity...Physical connections...USB Settings...USB Connection Mode = Direct Printing via Driver

I can not see an option to change that on the CWS or logged in as admin on the machine.

Analyst Nation Moderator

At what point does my instructions go wrong?

"At the machine, login as admin and check that Machine Status > Tools > Network Settings > USB Settings is on Software tools, and not Direct Print via Driver"

Joe.

Joe,

Not sure.   Here is a link to two photos.   One is at the Machine Status > Tools > Network Settings .    The next one is the screen that comes up when you press USB Settings.

8900X screenshots

Thanks

Jason

Just bumping the last post, i think it got missed.

Analyst Nation Moderator

[ Edited ]

I'm now conferring with the support team for the product in question, it appears that it may not be changeable, either by intention or by bug. Not sure when I will get an answer. Try in the meantime using the back USB, and also without the 2 other files in the folder, and maybe with it all in caps instead of lower case.

But I think TonyP is right, the app gallery and therefore all its apps will not work.

Joe.
Analyst Nation Moderator

Alright, I am told that it may be possible, so let's give that a test.

I got myself access to App Studio and created a Box weblet yet could not export it, got fed up and created a random app for this test of your device.

Since I don't have access to a device, I can't actually do the testing myself though.

So that is where you come in. I am attaching a zip file, within it is a Weblet that does nothing really.

If it will install, then we might be able to get a Box weblet for you, but if it won't, I think we can confirm the device won't do it.

So grab the zip, extract it and see if it will install. (Works for sure on Connectkey 7855/7970/5855/5955/7225

If it will install I will try and figure out why App Studio refuses to allow me to save a Box app Weblet.

To XAS-Moderator, I created 2 apps and immediately it would not give a save option for the BOX one (Never installed or did anything to it), I also tried every single previously created Box apps by other users to find the same issue

1.GIF

2.GIF

Joe.