Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Technical Escalation User

Creating an APP to scan and print at the same time

We have many law offices that need the ability to scan and print at the same time.  How can I create an App in Xerox App Studio to do that?

Xerox Employee

Re: Creating an APP to scan and print at the same time

If you're a reseller, there is no single app that can do that in App Studio currently.  You could make a combination of a Print from URL and a Scan to FTP/SMB that would do it through two different apps. It wouldn't be a clean and secure as a purpose built solution though.

Xerox Employee

I just found this thread.  I was looking for the possibility of this functionality,  with Xerox new 2017 equipment or via an App. I searched for Print and scan at same time and xerox. This result came up. I wonder if there has been development of such a workflow App? I don't see anything within the rerources I have, but I may not have all the latest and greatest.

Xerox Employee

Hi, Rob. 

Currently, there isn't an app that supports this workflow through App Studio.  Damian's suggestion may be an option that would work with the App Studio apps. 

Also, I'm wondering if the App Gallery Apps might be another option for you.  They do not support Printing and Scanning at the same time, but they do offer the Print and Scan options within the same app.  If you would like to use the Print and Scan for Google Drive app (for example), you would be able to Scan the file to a directory and then from the same app instance, you could print the file from the directory that it was just scanned to.  

If you'd like to give this a try, the App Gallery is located here:  https://appgallery.external.xerox.com/xerox_app_gallery/solutions_market_place

Thanks!

XAS-Moderator

Analyst Nation Moderator

<Clarifying question>

Is print and copy getting confused here?

</Clarifying question>

<Rational of the above question>

If you have a PDF and you print it, there is no need to then scan it, you already have the digital file.

I could see the need of Copy and Scan at the same time, You have paper, you (Rob) want to copy your paper doc and give it to someone else (Jess) for the meeting you are going to, but Dave is working from home and will attend the meeting via Skype and needs the file in PDF form.

</Rational of the above question>

<Long winded "probably not possible" response>

That, I don't believe can be done in App Gallery, or App Studio, and I also don't believe Connectkey can do it.

FujiXerox can, and possibly VersaLink, in the case of FujiXerox, you would create a Job Flow Sheet That is set to an email/FTP or SMB location, and also have it set to Print.

Then you would create a Folder on the device and link it to the Job Flow Sheet (and set it to Auto Start)

At that point you would be able to choose Store to folder instead of copy, and choose the folder you created above, then when you store it to the folder, what will also happen is it will make a copy and transfer the same job as a pdf to the scan location per the Job flow sheet.

AltaLink and Connectkey does not have that workflow, I don't believe VersaLink does either.

</Long winded "probably not possible" response>

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.
Xerox Employee

Joe,

Fantastic workaround!! I will see about them doing that. And yes. Copy of paper original and also  scan to a destination in a one-touch type of deal, is the better way to describe the workflow.