Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Google Drivve Enterprise Issues

I installed Google Drivve for a demo client and there were some issues.  They use over 80 plus folders as well as deeper levels of subfolders.  The control panel of our Xerox WorkCentre 7855i with the updated firmware and software would only display 3 folders.  I need to be able to show that all of his folders can and will work on the control panel of the device.  Thanks, please advise.

Brian K Cleary

678 620 6088

Xerox Employee

Re: Google Drivve Enterprise Issues

Hi, Brian. 

Xerox Scan to Google Drive and Print from Google Drive filters out folders that contain special characters in the folder name. Some of the characters are used to construct the folder path. For example, the forward slash ( /) is used as the path delimiter, and having a slash in the folder name causes a conflict. You could try to update the folder name(s) to remove any of the following special characters:  *:^|<>/ \\

If you are not using folders with special characaters in the titles, can you tell me what the firmware/software version is that is installed on the device?  I have tested here without any issues, but I'm not sure if I'm using the same version. 

Also, you mentioned that there were some issues.  Were there other issues that we might be able to help with?

Thanks!

Xerox Employee

Re: Google Drivve Enterprise Issues

Hi, Brian. 

I have a couple additional items to share/try at the client site: 

- Files and folders that have been shared with the Client's account will not display at the device.  The Client can move the folders to My Drive and then it they will be available at the device. 

- How is the client creating their folders? Are they using File Explorer or Google Drive via the web to create their folders?  If they are using windows Explorer and their folders do not appear with a green checkmark on them (the folders have blue arrows instead), then the folders have not been synced to the web and will not be available at the device.  This can happen if Google Drive has stopped running or has been paused.  If Google Drive does not display in the System tray of their PC or is Paused, they will need to re-start Google Drive (Start > Programs > Google Drive) or 'Un-Pause' it by right clicking the Google Drive icon in the system tray, seleting the More menu (three vertical dots) and selecting the Resume option.

Please let me know if additional information is needed.  I can suppy screen capture. 

Thanks!