Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Xerox Analyst

Issue with Office365/Sharepoint

What software/firmware version is the machine running? System Version 073.060.075.34540 and Controller Version 073.065.34540 Has the proxy setting been changed recently on this device? No Proxy After the "Processing...." message displays, are any other messages (for example; Service not available) generated? No Have you tried a double Clear All and/or rebooting the device? Rebooted several times and it’s been turned off and on Can you access Box successfully external to the device? Thank you! Yes Box is accessible from the Laptop
Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: Issue with Office365/Sharepoint

There are many fixes in the latest spar related to App Gallery. Give it a try.

If that doesn't fix whatever the issue is, can you tell us whether you have a problem with Office365 per the subject line, or Box via the message body?

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.
Xerox Analyst

Slight improvement with the upgrade WorkCentre_3655-system-sw#07306006608210#ENG.. however navigating to the SharePoint TeamSite folders now does not lock up completely... but shows an error "processing your request", it still does not navigate through to the folder.... Dropbox also still shows session has expired !!! Box now works OK
Analyst Nation Moderator

I have none of those issues in the lab with the 78xx,79xx,58xx,72xx.

I don't have access to a 3655 so I can't test that.

The only issue I ever had with dropbox was authentication based, and the 2 I had were because of Dropbox, not the app/MFP.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.

I am a Xerox Agency Analyst.  I cannot get the Office365 app to work at all.  I've read what scan information ther is on the support web site.  The documentation is of no help.  I opened a new Microsoft account just to test this, and it doesn't work either.  Under what circumstances will the Office365 web app work?

Analyst Nation Moderator

Too vague by far.

Printer, Firmware, Account type at least, whether the MFP can access the web would be nice to know as well.

Joe.

[ Edited ]

Hi, 

Can you please provide more information on the problem that you are having with the Office 365 App?

Are you using the App Studio Office 365 Template App or the Gallery Print and Scan for Office 365 App? 

Are you able to launch the app but unable to login? If so, can you please let us know what type of Office 365 account you are using and also if you do not mind sharing your UserID, that would also be helpful. 

Are you seeing an error message? Please provide any other information that might be helpful.

Thanks!

XAG Admin

I am using the AppGallery Print and Scan to Office365 app.  However, I cannot use the Office365 app with either my personal Microsoft account or my Xerox Agency account.  Every time I get the error message "user name and/or password is incorrect".  I do have some success using the Print and Scan for OneDrive.  I am able to scan to OneDrive using my personal account (davidschmitz@verizon.net), but not using my Xerox Agency account (david@qdoxs.com).  

Xerox Employee

Hi, David. 

It sounds like your Office365 account may be using a Custom Domain.  Custom Domains allow you to convert your Office 365 email addresses (...onmicrosoft.com) and other services to your business name.  This requires a different format to login. 

So, here's an example of a custom domain login.  We have a Xerox Office 365 account. 

Our User IDs are our email addresses:  John.Doe@xerox.com

Our SharePoint URL would be similar to: https://xerox-my.sharepoint.com/personal/john.doe_xerox.com.

With the information above, I would most likely need to log into the Office 365 App as:    xerox\john.doe@xerox.com 

Seems easy, however, this is not a fool proof formula.  Not all MS accounts work in this same manner, so, users may have to try logging in both ways - with and without the leading domain (ie;  xerox\ ).

If you wouldn't mind sharing your SharePoint online URL (similar to what I've shared in the example above), we might be able to determine the UserID format that should be used to log into the app. 

To find your SharePoint URL: 

1. Login to your Office 365 account (https://portal.office.com)
  2. Select “SharePoint”.  Please copy and share the URL displayed in the address bar.  This will help us determine what the domain could be.   Or you could go ahead and try logging in using the example above (domain\userID).

Also, regarding the OneDrive app item that you have mentioned.  The App Gallery Print and Scan for OneDrive app only supports Personal OneDrive accounts.  So, the behavior that you have described is expected.  The Print and Scan for Office 365 app supports the Business version of OneDrive.  Once you're able to log in to the Office365 app, you should be able to access your Business OneDrive files using the My Files folder option. 

Please let us know what your SharePoint URL is.  Or if you try logging in, please et us know if you were successful.

Thanks! 

XAS Moderator