Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Persistent Authentication Credentials for Google Drive

I would like to set up both of our copiers so the end user does not need to unter the google drive username and password everytime they want to scan something. Is there a way to make the username and password persistent in the settings of the device?

Xerox Employee

Re: Persistent Authentication Credentials for Google Drive

Hello.  

Thank you for your message. 

The apps do allow designers to save partial user credentials when creating the apps.  When the Google Drive apps are being designed in App Studio, there is an option to provide a default login name on the first screen of the wizard.  Saving full credentials (password) is not offered at this time.  A screen capture of the designer screen is attached.

When the app is being used at the device, users are able to modify the default login, if necessary and then simply provide the password.  

Thank you, 

XAS Moderator

That is a really disappointing user experience. We set up a "copiers" Google account in order to allow the copier to authenticate to SMTP in order to send scanned docs to email addresses. I'd like to use the same account to allow end users to scan to the same shared folder on Google Drive without having to enter a password everytime. 

Xerox Employee

Hello. 

Thank you for your reply. 

There have been similar requests for this functionality.  We have a feature request in the system to cover this capability and will be considering this addition in a future release.  Unfortunately, there isn't an outlook for how soon this might be added.  If you watch this forum periodically, we will post information when new releases are launched and what those releases contain.  If I find additional information regarding this specific topic, I will reply here as well. 

Thanks again for your valuable feedback. 

XAS Moderator