Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Xerox Employee

Scan to Google Drive from Xerox WC

Hello,

I have a reseller partner who has a client that is ready to purchase a WC7855i pending successful demo of scanning to the customer's Google Drive.

They successfully installed the Google Drive app on the WC7855i.  Customer was able to log into to his organizational account. 

However, only 4 of his 87 folders showed and displayed on the WC7855i. 

He is able to scan to the 4 folders that appear as well as print from.

And he can create a folder from the Google Drive Applet and scan to and print from that newly folder.

Any idea as to why only 4 folders appeared?  

The WC7855i is running the most current 073 SPAR Firmware .28110.

The key here is the customer has a Google Drive with an 'Organizational Account'.

Has anyone encountered this issue with an 'Organizational Account'?

Once resolved, the customer will purchase a WC7855i.

Regards,

Manny Ayala

Xerox IT Solutions Consultant

U.S. Channels Group

Xerox Employee

Re: Scan to Google Drive from Xerox WC

Hello, Manny. 

Xerox Scan to Google Drive and Print from Google Drive filters out folders that contain special characters in the folder name. Some of the characters are used to construct the folder path. For example, the forward slash ( /) is used as the path delimiter, and having a slash in the folder name causes a conflict. The customer could try to update the folder name(s) to remove any of the following special characters:  *:^|<>/ \\   

If the customer is not using folders with special characaters in the titles, can you please provide a screen capture of the user's folder structure through the Windows Explorer and also one of what is dispalyed at the device?   If the folder naming convention is not causing the issues, we will need some additional information (device serial number and account username for the Google Drive account) so that we can dig deeper into the system for a possible cause.  

Please let us know if a folder rename does not resolve the issue. 

Thanks!

Xerox Employee

Thanks.

I will be working with the Reseller Partner and customer to acquire additional information and screenshots for you.

Will you have the ability to join a WebEx or a conference call to view the issue if we agree on a day and time?

~Manny

Xerox Employee

Thanks, Manny. 

I can be available to join a WebEx. Please send the WebEx information to the feedback email:  xerox.app.studio.feedback@xerox.com

Thanks!

Xerox Employee

Hi, Manny. 

I have a couple additional items to share/try at the client site: 

- Files and folders that have been shared with the Client's account will not display at the device.  The Client can move the folders to My Drive and then it they will be available at the device. 

- How is the client creating their folders? Are they using File Explorer or Google Drive via the web to create their folders?  If they are using windows Explorer and their folders do not appear with a green checkmark on them (the folders have blue arrows instead), then the folders have not been synced to the web and will not be available at the device.  This can happen if Google Drive has stopped running or has been paused.  If Google Drive does not display in the System tray of their PC or is Paused, they will need to re-start Google Drive (Start > Programs > Google Drive) or 'Un-Pause' it by right clicking the Google Drive icon in the system tray, seleting the More menu (three vertical dots) and selecting the Resume option.

Please let me know if additional information is needed.  I can suppy screen capture. 

Thanks!

Xerox Employee

Thank you.

I will forward to the reseller partner.

How much notice will you require to participate on a WebEx?

We are probably looking at sometime on Monday, December 12 - Eastern Standard Time.

~Manny

Xerox Employee

Thank you too.

I will also forward these questions to the reseller and customer so that we will have this information prior to the WebEx.

~Manny

Xerox Employee

If you could supply some screen captures, that would aid for additional illustrations Thanks.
Xerox Employee

A WebEx request will be posted on xerox.app.studio.feedback@xerox.com from either Brian Cleary, the reseller partner - bcleary@reproproducts.com or from me - manny.ayala@xerox.com. We are probably looking at next Monday or Tuesday, December 12-13 Eastern Standard Time.

Xerox Employee

Here is what the reseller proposes to accomplish on the WebEx with the customer and you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

During that webinar I can request that the client create a user account for us to use with view rights only. 

We use said account to enact and view the Drive component from our Xerox WorkCentre 7855i at our demo location and assure, confirm or deny its’ ability to work.  This would appease the customer from a functional need as well as accommodate to his time component.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Manny