cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

You need to change banner & other permissions using Windows Explorer!

I bought a Xerox Versalink B210/DNI Monochrome Laser Printer and it kept printing configuration pages at startup and banner pages with every print job. I followed the instructions to set up my admin account and change my password successfully. But I was unable to stop it from printing those items and unable to set a power-off time.

I noticed a lot of Windows Internet Explorer stuff in the help dialog box so I had a thought. Maybe it only works in Internet Explorer? Logged in as the computer administrator, I made IE my default browser and did it again. This time it asked me to sign in and I used "admin" (small a) and the last password that worked. This time I could make all the changes I wanted to.

I had been considering taking it back to Staples in a cab and buying something else.

Nowhere in the literature do I see "set IE as default browser" though I think Xerox should take this to heart.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: You need to change banner & other permissions using Windows Explorer!

Hello pxfragonard,

I do not believe this device is limited to Internet Explorer. To find out more information, I would recommend contacting our Support Department for clarification.

Thanks,
CathyO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!
0 Kudos