Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

016-0507 error message

Jump to solution
Product Name: Xerox 6027
Operating System: Not Applicable
Hello
I am getting this error message when I do scan document and send by email. I didn't have problem in the past but just started recently after taking software updates. Please let me know how to resolve this problem.
Thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Analyst Nation Moderator
Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: 016-0507 error message

Jump to solution

016-507 is an invalid login, usually due to an invalid response(logs in, but doesn't understand the response and quits), which is what would happen if the server uses a protocol the printer doesn't support. If that is the case,try a firmware update to get whatever update may be needed, else SMTP2Go should work.

Of course you may have just changed the password for the account the printer is using, or enabled 2 factor authentication or something on the account, but if nobody changed anything, it will have to be a server side change that maybe updating the firmware will fix

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
Highlighted

Re: 016-0507 error message

Jump to solution
So I just discovered that I have to turn on features in my Google profile settings " less secure app settings" and work charm. I also upgraded my printer software as per your link.
Thank you very much.
0 Kudos