cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wolf

Re: 2 sided scan& copy (not print) - 2nd page only has large thick stripe on left hand side.

Hi Mike,

I now also tried double-sided copying (using the auto-feed to scan a double-sided document and printing it directly, using the copy button), and the bar is not only scanned but also printed. In contrast, double-sided printing from the computer works fine, as for you. So I am concluding that (at least for me) it is a problem in the scanner unit -- you are of course right that it might still either be a software or a hardware issue.

To clarify: when I scan a double-sided A5 sheet, the bar also does not print over the entire (A4) printout, but over the entire part that was scanned (A5). This is to be expected if there is a scanner problem, since I guess the device simply inserts whatever it scans (A5) into a blank A4 sheet. If there were instead a printer problem, the bar would print over the entire page.

I think we do have the same problem after all.

I realized now that in order to claim the legal warranty, I will need to prove that the error was there from the beginning, because more than a year has elapsed since the purchase. This will be difficult, because a negative cannot be proven (i.e., if I did not scan double-sided, how can I show that there was indeed a defect?).

So I'm afraid that I am likely also at the mercy of the people at Xerox and this forum... Any takers?

Cheers,
Wolf

0 Kudos
gcally

Re: 2 sided scan& copy (not print) - 2nd page only has large thick stripe on left hand side.

Hi Wolf ,

I can see your photos now. Yes I think we have the same problem but I have tried to fix without sucess. Funny how your machine and mine goes wrong approx. the same time with the same fault and the solution is...........to buy a new machine!!! Mmmmm. . Enough to make one a tad suspicious :-).

I hope Xerox can prove my suspicions wrong - I would be very happy for them to do so. 

Cheers,

Mike

0 Kudos