When I removed the backslash, it still does not let me change the port number, and when I change it to 445, it still gives me the same error and it does not accept at all. But after removing the backlash, it now became another error "031-521." Can you help me please? Thanks.
You need to remove the leading backslash.
Keep trying the port, it should be only the 445 , make sure ther eis nothing else, no spaces before or after the number.
Thank you very much, Joe, for your reply. I did what you suggested. For "Name of Shared Directory," I kept "\Documents" there with a backslash; does it matter? I can see it under "\\127.0.0.1" But for "Port Number," when I typed in "445" then "save changes," it gives me
Unable to apply settings.
Please check the settings for following items.
Server Port Number
I then have to change it back to "139." Again, when I try to scan, exactly the same error happens again. I have no idea where I did wrong. What should I do? Thanks in advance.
3. Find the share by selecting Start and typing \\127.0.0.1 and then hitting Enter (This will show all your shares as a network device sees them, so if you can see the Documents folder put it in there
4. Yes if the above was correct
As for What else part will be 445 and not 139. (SMB2 vs SMB1)
The machine cannot use the right-click Share With option, you need to right-click a folder and go to Properties > Sharing (Share With is used for Windows Home Groups, which is not compatible with SMB)
I have Windows 10 at my home computer. I am having the same error: 031-529 scan login failed, and I have the following questions:
1) under "Login Name," is it exactly the same name as what I use to login to use my computer? Windows 10 requires me to log in with my email account. For example, if I log in with "email@example.com," should I put in "firstname.lastname@example.org" under "Login Name?" Or should I simply use my username that is "abc123?"
2) under "Login Password," is it the same password I use to login to the Windows system?
3) the folder I shared is at the following location:
What should I put under the "Name of Shared Directory" box? Is it just "\Documents?"
4) so, should I type in "\scanneddoc" into the "Subdirectory Path (optional)" box?
What else do I need to do to have a proper setup? Please advice. Thank you very much.
I am getting 031-555 error while scanning to folder on my laptop.The folder is shared with all permissions.The full path of the directory is C:\Users\Vinoo\Desktop\scan.The folder is shared with all permissions to Everyone.
Any help would be appreciated.....
"Name of Shared Directory" should be the name of the folder that you share.
The path should be from the shared folder and forward.
Example: I got this tree : Share\Test\Downloads
Name of Shared Directory: Share
Subdirectory Path: Test\Downloads
Please remember to select "Accept as Solution" for posts that helped you solve the issue.
Thank you for using the Support Forum. Please make sure that verify the server destination address.
1. Open CenterWare Internet Services. If necessary print a system configuration report to obtain the current IP Address of the printer.
2. Click on the address book link.
3. Open up Network Scan folder.
4. Select Computer / Server Address Book link.
5. Select Edit next to the address book entry that needs to be changed.
6. Under Host Address (IP Address or DNS Name) verify that the information is correct. If an IP Address is being used for the scan destination, verify the IP Address of the scan destination and update if necessary.
NOTE: If the scan destination (computer) is set to DHCP and the IP Address changes, this is not a failure of the printer. The end user will need to be made aware that their DHCP server (normally a Router) is changing the IP Address and they should consult their network admin for the DHCP server to prevent this in the future.
Also make sure that you check the properties of the shared folder and ensure the folder has been shared and that the permissions are set to Allow Full Control.
If that does not help please consider contacting your support centre for further assistance.
I am trying to setu up my 6015 to network scan but get the
Here is my setup. What am I doing wrong? Thanks
Solved! Go to Solution.