cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

6180 MFP Timeout

Hi All,

We have a 6180 MFP which has been working really well.  Until a couple of days ago we had no problem scanning to all computers.  Windows 7 Pro as well as Vista.

However, now we can scan to all but one computer running Windows 7 Pro.  There are no errors just a message saying "Timeout".

I have checked the IP address and it is correct.  In fact, I cannot see any reason for the printer not to scan to this computer.

Your help would be most welcome.

One other item:  If I remember correctly (I did not document this) we actually had this happen several months ago to the same computer and it was just one setting that I had to change.  But, for the life of me I do not remember what the setting was.

Thanks and have a GREAT day....

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: 6180 MFP Timeout

Hello Tim580.

Thank you for using the Support Forum. If you have not already resolved this issue, we suggest you search our online knowledgebase for this product: Phaser 6180MFP

Alternatively, you can visit our Contact Us page for other support options.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Agency Analyst
Agency Analyst

Re: 6180 MFP Timeout

Tim580,

Have you fixed this issue? Doyou require more assistance?

If you haven't resovled your issue I would make sure the firewall settings are opened, the share and NTFS permissions are correct. Usually it's something simple with a firewall setting or such.

Thank you,
Jordan

If someone helped you make sure you give Kudos for their efforts! Don't forget to Select Accept as Solution if the reply resolved your issue as it will be able to help others!

Thank you,
Jordan R.
Systems Analyst / Consultant
Fiery Certified Professional

If someone helped you make sure you give Kudos for their efforts! Don't forget to Select Accept as Solution if the reply resolved your issue as it will be able to help others!
0 Kudos