cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

7120 Workcentre - Speed dial.

Ok, first let me say that I've read the quick guide, the user guide, the administrator guide, I called the xerox center I bought it from, I talked to Xerox techincal support and no one seems to know how to do this. So I will ask the Xerox community.

Ok, the machine has Speeddial, the address book assigns speed dial to each one I enter, however I have to go to the address book, then put them all into the "Receipients" area then press ok, then type in the 4 digit code to send it. which defeats the purpose of speed dial because you have to go through all that, or you could just use the address book, look through 200 people to find the one you want which also seems a little redundant. Like I said if the numbers have been entered into the "Recipient" area, but I cannot get them to stay there, even if I copy them over I have to keep copying them in there everytime I go to fax before I can speed dial, I've tried doing this as administrator, and creating groups to use. But the fact remains I have to do all this extra work to access speed dial which completely defeats the purpose of even having a speed dial feature, I must be missing something does anyone know how to keep this information in "Recipients" ??

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: 7120 Workcentre - Speed dial.

Hi SureSeal,

Thank you for using the Support Forum. Here are the steps to use the index numbers.  See if this will make it a little quicker for you. 

1. Load the original in the Duplex Automatic Document Feeder (DADF) or face-down on the Document Glass.
  2. Press the [Services Home] button on the Control Panel.
  3. Select [Fax] on the Touch Screen.
  4. Select [Address Book].
  5. Select [Retrieve fax entries using index]  from the pull-down list.
  6. Use the number keypad to enter the index number you want to search for in the Go to Field. Entries range from 0001-2000.
  7. Select [Save]
  8. Select the required speed dial entry from the list.
  9. Select [Add]
  10. Select [Close]
  11. Repeat steps 4 through 10 until all speed dial entries have been added to the list.
  12. Press [Start]

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I understand I can enter the Address book and

1.) Select the person from the address book, add them to  the recipents

2.) Refine the list by index number

3.) Find the recipient with a 4 digit number

4.) Look for them using a group,

After I've done all this and selected the 1 person I want to send it to I "add" them to the recipent list, from this point I can us speed dial this doesn't make any sense I'm actually adding a step by using speed dial, 12 steps isn't speedy when I can do it in 11 without the speed dial.

I should be able to press "Fax" type in the 4 digit speed dial number from my address book and press send, It really should be that simple.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Can I possibly speek with the software engineer who designed the Workcentre interface,.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

but do U need to set the default Speed Dial or add a different Speed Dial for each Fax Address Book entry??

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I have 120 entry's entered into the "Address book" currantly all have a "Speed dial" number assigned to them 0001, 0002, 0003 etc... according to the machine. now my current process is to

1.) Click home

2.) Click fax

3.) Click address book

4.) Scroll through the Giant list,

5.) Find the person I want and click "add"

6.) Press Close

7.) Press Send,

or I can add two more steps

8.) Enter the speed dial number

9.) Press send

Which makes no sense at all, I have to go to the address book, add a bunch of them from there to the reciepents list then I can use speeddial, but why would I do that its adding additional steps when I could just press send.

It would help If I could perminently set the address book as the recepients list, or if I could enter in the speed dial number just from the fax screen, but I cannot even as Admin I cannot make this default settings from the web interface or the machine itself. so "Speed Dial" has no point at all on the machine because it just causes more work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

interested in this too, facing the same issue on other machines...

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Ya, I put in a software update request with xerox, I don't know what that does.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Yes, the speed-dial function is not working on this particular device. the only option is scrolling through all the numbers.

0 Kudos