cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

8.5 x 11 Copies Coming out on 11 X 17 Paper

Product Name: Xerox AltaLink C8030 / C8035 / C8045 / C8055 / C8070 Color Multifunction Printer
Operating System: Not Applicable

Our users have found that when making 8.5 x 11 copies, the copies come out on 11 x 17 paper. Upon looking at the copies it appears that the copier is adding a light gray border around the content of the copy, making it bigger than 8.5 x 11 and thus forcing the copier to print on the larger paper. Has anyone seen this before? Do I (as the copier admin at my company) have a setting incorrect?

Just as an FYI: Our users are using the glass when making these copies. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: 8.5 x 11 Copies Coming out on 11 X 17 Paper

Hi,

When using the copier glass be sure to set the proper paper tray that matching to your original.

Gabi

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks Gabi!

I understand that this is an option. Maybe I'm asking a dumb question here but: Isn't the copier able to auto-detect the size of the paper? Our users are making copies of reciepts in some cases and I don't want them to have to set the paper size each time they make a copy.

Thoughts?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

first of all make sure about what is status of Reduce \enlarge option 

select the percentage as 100%  or make it as Auto

- make sure about from which tray you are making a copy 

-check what is option selected on the original size option 

Auto Detect:  the printer automaticlly  determine tthe document size

Preset Scan Area: to force the machine to copy the document based on the standard paper size you select

Custom Scan Area: to customize the width and length of the area you want to scan. 

Mixed Size Originals: to scan mixed  standard-size.

then you can specify the settings as default settings

Highlighted

I just found a solution to this issue after 2 years of looking for a solution. I have asked our Xerox tech many times on how to resolve this and they always say "you have to select the size you want when printing fromt he glass".

The solution to ensure all copies come out on 8.5x11 paper:

Log in on the device > go to Device app > select Tools > App Settings > Copy App > Feature Defaults > Change Paper Supply to your 8.5x11 paper drawer > Select DONE at the top right. Your settings will be saved even after you log out.

Hope this helps!! 

0 Kudos