cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: AltaLink C8000 series Fax Foward to SMB issue

Jump to solution

@psab ,ok once you received any update ,please let us know what solution they gave and how it was resolve ..

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am having the exact same issue with Workflow scanning and a Synology.  Did they ever rectify your issue?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

After a firmware update our Altalink C8145 had no communication with our Synology server when using Workflow Scanning.  Even though we have an older model Xerox upstairs and Warkflow Scanning still worked fine witht the same exact settings.  I spent countless hours on the phone with tech support to no avail.  However, after searching these forums I decided to try enabling up to SMB 3 on the Synology device itself.  This fix worked immediately. Hope this helps someone.

psab

Jump to solution

Sorry for not updating this sooner. The issue was a misconfiguration in the printer. We had the gateway IP (192.168.1.1) set as a DNS for the xerox's in addition to a legitimate DNS server like 8.8.8.8. By removing that, it allowed it to pull, the IPs correctly and reach the NAS without issue.

This mis-configuration was mixed up by the technician that had installed the Xerox originally, but took quite a while to track down.