Sorry for not updating this sooner. The issue was a misconfiguration in the printer. We had the gateway IP (192.168.1.1) set as a DNS for the xerox's in addition to a legitimate DNS server like 188.8.131.52. By removing that, it allowed it to pull, the IPs correctly and reach the NAS without issue.
This mis-configuration was mixed up by the technician that had installed the Xerox originally, but took quite a while to track down.
After a firmware update our Altalink C8145 had no communication with our Synology server when using Workflow Scanning. Even though we have an older model Xerox upstairs and Warkflow Scanning still worked fine witht the same exact settings. I spent countless hours on the phone with tech support to no avail. However, after searching these forums I decided to try enabling up to SMB 3 on the Synology device itself. This fix worked immediately. Hope this helps someone.
I appreciate the help but I'm not going to try this solution as I am already working with Xerox directly. I don't want to change anything in the middle of them trying to resolve the issue.
If you read my original post, I'm connecting to a Synlogy NAS. But what I failed to mention is, there is no Windows Server, we do not use Active Directory, and there is nowhere to configure SPN. So I can't try this solution even if i wanted to.
As it stands now, Xerox has confirmed that the system is not properly sending the credentials to the NAS in the first place which is why they are working on a patch to the firmware. So if you want a solution for the future, anyone else that runs into this issue, they will need to wait for the patch to the firmware.
@psab, thanks for the quick responce.
As per your notes they replace device A to B and you have same envirement .
i expet this might have some authentication issue which you are come accross and device B failed to do authenticate this.
Authentication Log from Xerox
<FailureReason>Login name/password/acccount failed</FailureReason>
Please try to do SPN settings in Server to overcome this issue.which i described in my previous notes.
I understand developement team will give solutions , thats ok. but i want you try this so that if others will face this we can give solutions to them.
hope you are understanding this point.
I ended up reaching out to Xerox directly and I have been working with them for the past couple of months (almost a year now) to get this resolved. They developed one firmware patch which didn't fix it. They are currently working on another firmware patch sometime in June. Hopefully it will be fixed then.