New 8035 installed at our district office. Incoming faxes are received and printed. However, when sending a fax, the display show processing, then dialing. Shortly after, the job is then paused. I'm trying to send to another 8035 at a school connected to a standard POTS line. The district office copier is connected to an ATA.
If I try to send a fax to my cell phone, I get to fax tones. I've logged into the device as admin to try to adjust the dialing volume as per Joe053204-xrx:
* First test for faxes is to listen to them, so go to the device, log in as admin and go to:
Device > Tools > App Settings > Fax App > Fax Volume
* Turn up the volume for outgoing and send the fax, come back with the results of what you hear on a one page fax verses the 32 pager.
However, the Fax App is not listed under App Settings. Where can I enabled this feature?
Also, are there any settings for the fax confirmation page - enable/disable, etc.? I only see send/receive, forwarding, address book in the web interface.
Thanks in advance.
Solved! Go to Solution.
If you don't have the Fax app you can't fax, so if it doesn't show up exactly where I stated your machine is broken and needs a service tech to perform an Altboot (wipe the device) to fix it. There are no scenarios or firmware versions where the Fax App will not appear right where I stated it would be previously. (Or you just didn't scroll down)
Confirmation reports are just the next option after the volume in the same menu.
Thanks for the response. I powered off/on the copier and was able to find the setting. The fax pausing is a little strange.
* At one school, the Altalink 8035 is connected with an ATA for faxing. I was able to fax from the office 8035 to this school's 8035. Both send/recieve 8035 have ATAs.
* At the office, I connected on older Muratec multifunciton device and was able to fax through the ATA to the Altalink 8035 at the school (no ATA at the school).
All said and done, I think the faxing issue boiled downed to 2 things:
1. wrong fax number
2. not dialing 9 for an outside line (required with our VoIP setup)
Thanks for all the help.