cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

B205 Scan using Ubuntu Simple Scan application

Product Name: Xerox B205
Operating System: Linux

I am trying to setup B205 MFD on my Ubuntu Laptop, for scanning.   I installed drivers  from DVD shipped with the driver.  However the SimpleScan application is not detecting  the scanner at all.

How can I setup and successfully use the scanner  with Ubuntu Simple Scan app.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: B205 Scan using Ubuntu Simple Scan application

Did you install the scanner driver?

Its in the installer package on xerox.com

Xerox_B205_Linux_PrintDriver_Utilities.tar.gz\Xerox_B205_Linux_PrintDriver_Utilities.tar\uld\install-scanner.sh

Also:

Go to the Ubuntu Dash, click "More Apps," click "Accessories" and then click "Terminal." Type "sudo apt-get install libsane-extras" into the Terminal window and press "Enter" to install the Ubuntu SANE drivers project. Once complete, type "gksudo gedit /etc/sane.d/dll.conf" into the Terminal and click "Run."

Scroll through the list of driver names to your scanner's driver name (reference the scanner's driver page again if necessary). Delete the "#" character from in front of the driver name and click "Save." Go back to "More Apps," click "Graphics" and select "Simple Scan" to begin using your scanner with Ubuntu.

Otherwise, ask in the Ubuntu forums. The issue isn't uncommon

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos