Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
30 Replies
TammyL-Xerox
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: C235 not found by Xerox Print and Scan Experience

All, 

XPSE version 8.0 is live on the Microsoft Store and users are being automatically updated. If you prefer, you can manually update from app the store.  Xerox Smart Start Installer has also been updated for new installs. 

Thanks,
TammyL-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!
0 Kudos
tcs

Re: B235 not found by Xerox Print and Scan Experience

This may be a Hungarian-specific problem because it doesn't work for me either. Today neither error correction nor reinstallation. Can't scan for months now. Several computers (laptop, desktop) several operating systems (windows 10,11) but XPSE does not display the printer.

When will there be a fix?

xerox.jpg

0 Kudos

szia,

nekem windows 10 alatt nem volt gond. Igaz, újratelepítés után. De visszaálltam a 11-re, és egyelőre a szken funkció nem annyira hiányzik. Esetleg addig, amíg nem lesz megoldás, vagy keress egy 3rd party szoftvert, vagy próbáld meg a Mopria Scan-t (nekem Android), azzal tudsz szkennelni. A Windows Szken-t, bár nekem pont nem működik. Sajna, ez van, remélem, lesz valami fix. Most a 7.0 (8.73.10.0) build van fent, esetleg ezt érdemes nézni a Microsoft Store-ban, hogy frissül-e. :-(

0 Kudos

thx , ok
0 Kudos
Vonat

I have a same problem. MS hotfix didn't work.

I have installed B235 MFP on my system (Win10). Xerox Print and Scan Experience not show the printer. How can i solve this?

cmd_lA0cX2yLmv.pngIyyFENBNZA.png

0 Kudos

HI Guy,

same issue on my end, just B225. It is a SHAME that a "famous" printer company is NOT able to supply correct software. Even the CHAT function is not working for a private person, why should I register and give COMPANY name???? Bull**bleep**.

0 Kudos
TammyL-Xerox
Community Manager
Community Manager

All, 

Please review the latest information we have on the MS issue.

Microsoft finally released a tool that will fix the initial problem late last night.

Here is the related KB article and links to download the tool https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/kb5034510-microsoft-printer-metadata-troubleshooter-tool-d...

The expectation is that on computers that had Xerox V4 queues associated with the XPSE, and then were impacted by the HP metadata (this problem is described at https://learn.microsoft.com/windows/release-health/status-windows-11-23h2#3218msgdesc), running the tool will reestablish the identity and association of the Xerox V4 queue with the XPSE.

This tool does not address the problem of new V4 queue installs that are not associating with the XPSE. This is still an open problem with Microsoft and we’ll be sending you more information when it is available.

Thanks,
TammyL-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

Can you elaborate a bit more?  

Uninstall all printers, then use xerox smart start to reinstall?

0 Kudos
Scanscan

I've probably found a solution, try to delete everything that is in the printers, after re-installing xerox smart start
0 Kudos
Jarrodm08

Temporary workaround was to install TWAIN/WIA driver for printer and then install Windows Scan app from Microsoft store. If it doesn’t show up, uninstall Xerox smart print and scan experience entirely and try again.

Select TWAIN for USB connected and WIA driver for wirelessly connected printers
0 Kudos