cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Cannot Finish Scan to PC Setup

It seems to me you are trying to connect to the Xerox using a secure connection when the Xerox does not require a secure connetion to access the EWS. My suggestion is to remove https:// from the beginning of the URL so the only characters in the URL is the IP address itself. So instead of https://192.168.1.35 try just 192.168.1.35 and see if that gets you there. The IP referenced is a random IP address for an example. Be sure to use the IP address assigned to your printer. Hope that helps!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

semaphore,

Good suggestion, but didn't work. However, I did get into the printer using the old ipv4 and adding a port #, in this case 339. I believe it's supposed to be 445 per the instructions; why I remembered 339 from January is unknown. Must be one of those old person things. I then was able to load the firmware update. Huzzah! Now working to get the scanning function to work. Will report back in next 24 hours on that either way.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

STILL NOT WORKING: I was able to download the "software" to my PC and run the update. What came as the update was XeroxSmartStart_1.4.27.0--unsure the date on it but the system knows I have a WC6515 so I assume it contains the latest drivers. Once updated, I redid the address book using two usernames of either the IPv4 or Hostname to see which one worked. I used both Port 139 and 445 (as suggested by the on-line help guide) once each for both. Neither worked. The errors I received from the WC6515 (printed out) were:

-Completed with Error (018-755), Server connection error in SMB (for one combo of IPv4 and password)
-Completed with Error (018-505), SMB-DOS protocol error1-005 (for the other three combos of Hostname or IPv4 and password))

Therefore, I know I can update the WC6515, I know it will read scans, I just haven't figured out yet how to get scans into my PC folder. And yes, I have the correct IPv4 for the PC and the correct hostname for the PC. And, yes, I identify the correct folder to receive the scans on my PC. When it asks for password, I supplied the password/pin I use to get into my PC.

Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos