I used to scan to two computers in the network. Now, after the scanning I get Connect error: 031-555 scan.
How can I fix this problem?
I would appreciate very much your support.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Thank you for using the forum.
I need to know what type of Xerox device you have so I can search our product knowledge base for the error code you are getting.
Hopefully I can locate the solution.
You may also want to try at: www.xerox.com/support
Thank you for supplying the name of your product.
I checked our product knowledgebase at
I found a recommended solution for Fault Code 031-555: SMB Error. Scan login Failed Message.
Clink on this link to follow the recommended steps.
Please try and see if this helps.
Well I am very happy!
I opened the guide “Scanning to PC or Network.”
1. First, I checked that the computers and the printer were in the same network.
2. I opened the CWIS on a browser (192.168.1.25)
3. I opened the address book and on the left panel opened the Computer Server Address directory.
4. I saw the IP address of the computers (220.127.116.11 and18.104.22.168)
5. Then I watched a Windows video about how to find the IP address of a computer.
6. I found the IP address of the computers and they were different from the one on the Server Address Directory.
7. I edited the IP addresses.
8. The scanner performed perfectly.
Thank you so much for your attention.