cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Document color series 50 crash

Hi guys i'm new to the forum, and i need help ASAP. For some time i have been using Document centre color series 50 connected to a power mac g4 (mac 9 os) via some pci (i think) cards. About a week ago my system crashed so i had to install the OS anew (ver. 9.2.2). The problem is with the splash server. I have installed the drivers for the printer and installed the splash server g630. Also i have a usb tokken for which the mac always searches for drivers on the net but never finds.  When i try to start the splash server it reports an error like this: "The application Splash Server could not be opened because FIPLib PPC could not be found." Please help me i don't know what to do anymore!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Document color series 50 crash

Heya!

The error message, “The application ‘Splash Server’ could not be opened because ‘FIPLib PPC’
could not be found” indicates that the “Splash Spool Lib” extension is missing.

This is whats stated in the user guide:

To solve the problem, locate the missing extension file and move it back into the Extensions folder
within the System Folder, or re-install the Splash server software.

Hope this helps

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Document color series 50 crash

I have read the user guide and i have tried to reinstall the Splash Server, but it doesn't work. And i can't find the extension anywhere. I have searched with the Sherlock 2 and manually but nothing. Does this problem occur because i have the token i wrote about in the first thread?

0 Kudos