I sent you a private message.
Also make sure that Less Secure Apps are allowed in your google account...
PS - I have both the printer and fiery config reports printed.
Everything is exactly the same. Transmission report that prints out when it does not send says:
Completed with an Error (027-779): It attestation-fails by SMTP-A
Which is what it said before and I updated the gmail password and it started working.
I am able to log in online via it's IP address, and restart the machine that way, so I assume that I am connected as I should be.
As I had mentioned before, the characters displayed in the password field are not a reflection of your actual password length. The dots are just masking characters. This prevents anyone from knowing what the password is or the length of that password. The length of the dots may imply the maximum length allowed, but I can't confirm that at the moment.
1. Are you still using Gmail for email service?
2. Has anything changed on your network? Many other network configuration settings can affect whether your machine can reach the email server.
3. You should be receiving an error report when it can't send email. The report can narrow the possible causes to look at. What does the report say the problem is?
4. Is the machine still in the same location and connected to the same network port that is was before?
5. Print a Machine config report and a Fiery config report to see what network and email settings are being used.
6. Once you have those 3 reports, we can dig further.
Andy - Sharon here again. Soooo the C70 decided to stop scanning to email again. This time I noticed that my password on the SMTP server settings was about 20 characters too long. So I went in and changed it to my password, hit apply and it states that settings have been changed. Go try it, no go. Go back in and my password has been changed to something with 20+ characters again. Any thoughts?
Andy I followed your instructions and IT'S WORKING!!!! You just made quite a few people here VERY happy!
Hello Andy - yes, we have a Fiery.
Your sw version is 60.31.82. Released in Nov of 2019. There are 4 newer versions (not public versions), but this should be fine.
On the SMTP settings...
1. Change the SSL/TLS setting to STARTTLS (not STARTTLS (if available) - unless its the only STARTTLS option)
2. Your port is 587... thats correct
3. Your login is set to "None" - this is incorrect. Set it to SMTP AUTH
4. Your Login Name must match the Gmail login username (including the @domain portion)
5. Your Login Password must match the Gmail login password
6. The machine Email address may also need to match the login username
7. You will also need to login to the gmail account (from a browser) to enable "Less secure apps". Do a google search about this for details.
8. And again, make sure that the subnet mask, gateway and DNS info is correct on the C70. Without these proper settings, email will not work.
Does this machine have a fiery attached? This will affect how you setup #8.