I'm following directions to set Login Credentials for the machine to access the SMTP Server to send automated emails to "none" and it tells me to click "apply" but there is no apply on this screen. I thought maybe it would auto save, but it does not. We've had Lewan out and then Xerox sent someone to update the machines software, but we are still unable to scan to email. Also, in looking at this screen, I highly doubt I set a password that has this many characters, so maybe this is the issue? Where do I go to reset my password? Thank you for any help you can provide.
Solved! Go to Solution.
The password mask that is displayed does not reflect the number of characters of your actual password. In other words, no matter how many characters your actual password contains, this screen will still display this many dots in the password field once the password is saved.
The page you are viewing appears to be just a Configuration Overview (See top-left corner of menu). Not the actual page that you would make changes to.
On Left menu - Navigate to: Connectivity -> Protocols -> SMTP Server
You should be able to make changes and save the settings there. If this does not lead to a solution then I would say it is a browser issue.
Also make sure that your subnet mask, gateway and DNS (as well as DNS suffix, Domain name, Hostname, etc) settings are correct in order for email to work correctly. There may be more steps that need to be performed as well depending on the SMTP service your are using.
Upload a larger (readable) screenshot image if you would like further assistance
Which sw version is installed on your C70?
Every time I try to upload a bigger screenshot, the system rejects it.
I did fine the apply, changed, applied, still will not copy to email.
Your sw version is 60.31.82. Released in Nov of 2019. There are 4 newer versions (not public versions), but this should be fine.
On the SMTP settings...
1. Change the SSL/TLS setting to STARTTLS (not STARTTLS (if available) - unless its the only STARTTLS option)
2. Your port is 587... thats correct
3. Your login is set to "None" - this is incorrect. Set it to SMTP AUTH
4. Your Login Name must match the Gmail login username (including the @domain portion)
5. Your Login Password must match the Gmail login password
6. The machine Email address may also need to match the login username
7. You will also need to login to the gmail account (from a browser) to enable "Less secure apps". Do a google search about this for details.
8. And again, make sure that the subnet mask, gateway and DNS info is correct on the C70. Without these proper settings, email will not work.
Does this machine have a fiery attached? This will affect how you setup #8.