cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Fax Confirmation

Product Name: Xerox AltaLink C8030 / C8035 / C8045 / C8055 / C8070 Color Multifunction Printer
Operating System: Windows 10

We recently leased our C8035 and it was set to only print fax confirmations when there was an error.  Once we realized this, we reset the default but are now having issues getting a confirmation for a fax that was previously sent.  Any ideas on how to get a report listing all faxes that have been sent for the last six months?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Fax Confirmation

Hi,

1. Login as Admin at the Local UI

2. Select “Fax” app

3. Scroll and select “Show Additional Features”

4. Select “Confirmation report”

5. Select “Print Confirmation

6. Scroll down and select “Customize”

7. Select “Save Setting as Default”.

Gabi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Technical Escalation User

For the history you need to print a fax activity report. It stores last 100 sent/received.
Device>tools>apps>fax>reports
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thank you.  I have printed this report.  Unfortunately I need a report of all faxes sent, and this report is only including the last three.  We have only had the machine since February, and I am trying to get a report that encompasses all faxes sent since the machine has been installed.  How do I do this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I don't think you can.

I believe it only stores the last 50, and deletes the oldest entry as new faxes are sent. 

Highlighted

I can assure you that we have not sent/received more than 50 faxes since we leased this machine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Someone could have run the setup routine for the fax app again, which would wipe the records
0 Kudos
Highlighted

As I am the only one in the office that would do that, I can again assure you that it has not been done.  What I need is the history of faxes (sent and received) from our machine.  Is there anyway to have this recovered?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

You already were provided every way of getting what the device has, what you want isn't in it, so you won't be getting it. It doesn't matter how you word the question, there are only 2 options. Confirmation report and activity report. If you want to proceed with stating that the report is wrong, call Xerox, have a tech come onsite to completely wipe the firmware with an Altboot no data backup and no clone to eliminate the corruption and every single bit of personal data from it. It won't help you with the report you want at all, but it will ensure that if there was corruption on the device it will be eliminated and won't occur again. But I highly suggest changing the admin account for the device, because while you state you are the only one who would make any changes, anyone can find out the default admin account to make changes, and they can call Xerox, post here or look on youtube for pretty much every option imaginable outside of Diagnostics mode.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Fax Confirmation Report

Our C8030 on build 101.001.008.27400 does not have the option to select "show additional features' as you describe.  Do you know if this was removed?  Is there another location to set a fax confirmation to print as default?   Thank you!

0 Kudos