cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Help with scan to folder on WorkCentre 7225

Having issues getting scan to folder setup on a WorkCentre 7225. Server is 2012 R2, I've created an active directory user with full permissions and verified this by accessing the folder from a non-domain computer and entering the credentials and was able to create and delete new folders and files. Initially I was getting a "failed to lock remote directory" message, so I came on here and did some reading and followed suggestions to have the machines firmware upgraded. The Xerox tech came today and updated it to 072.030.134.32804. Now when I try to scan, I get an error report "Login failure. Check user password, and/or setups".

Can anybody verify for me how the username should be entered when using an active directory domain user? I've tried the following combinations to no avail:

1. domain\username
  2. domain.ext\username
  3. username@domain.ext

Right now I'm trying to scan to a simple windows server share path of \\servername\data\shared so I have the settings as follows:

1. Tried both the IP address of the server and the hostname for the Default Repository Server
  2. I have the share name set to "shared" 
  3. I have the default repository document path set to "shared"

Networking and DNS settings are correct. Anybody have any other ideas or suggestions on what I should try? Any help/pointers/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Help with scan to folder on WorkCentre 7225

Hi 3fingersalute,

Thank you for using the Support Forum. Please take a look at this solution for setting up scanning and see if this will help.  If not please  consider contacting your support centre for further assistance.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

The document path field in this example should be blank.  If the share name of the folder is "Shared", then you would not need any informatoin in the Document Path Field when setting up the repository.  This field would be for additonal subfolders below the shared folder, not the entire path as you are thinking.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Sorry, made a mistake in my OP. The shared folder is the "data" folder, the folder we're attempting to scan into is a subfolder of the data share and it is named "shared".

Would like to get this working if possible, but it just hasn't been cooperating. I've worked recently with other offices to setup their Sharps and Konica Minolta's and they've worked flawlessly with none of these headaches. I just wish there was better documentation out there somewhere on this....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi 3fingersalute,

I seem to have left out the link to the setting up scanning solution in my original note.  I have edited to add that link in and here it is as well.  I hope this helps. 

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi, Cheryl O

I have a Workcentre 7225 were everytime the power goes out it won't scan to folder anymore, I was reading the instructions and is says:

Open CWIS. See the "Related Content" for additional information

I have searched and searched and searched for 2 hours and no were inCWIS can I find a "Related Content" button, can you give me some guidence or call me at (403) 889-5477, maybe send some pictures to patsawyer02@gmail.com, I have been on this copier for 6 hours now and now nothing works, it won't print or nothing.

Pat

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Cheryl

My software is 075 as well

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Pat,

Thank you for using the Support Forum. If you go back to the solution the related content is at the bottom of the solution, just scroll down and you will see the section called related content which will give you links to additional information. 

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager