cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
authenticsim New Member

How to change default advanced settings for scanning on Workcentre 7830?

I work in an government office where we just purchased a Xerox Workcentre 7830 Multifuction Printer.  It works very well, however I was trying to figure out how to change the default settings so I don't have to adjust them every time I want to scan something (which is multiple times per day).  There are some hurdles in my situation.  To use the scan fuction I have to log in using my ID card with the Smart Card feature.  This automatically saves the documents I scan to my personal folder on our network, but also prevents me from being able to use any Xerox software, such as ConnectKey, since I don't use my computer to scan anything.  All I can use is whatever is available on the printer using the menus on the touchscreen.  When I do log in with my ID, I can select the directory I want to scan to, and change how it scans using the Advanced Settings tab, but since I want to scan in everything at 400 DPI resolution, rather than the default of 200, it would be easy if I could just have it to that automatically.

Any guidance that you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-hcl
Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: How to change default advanced settings for scanning on Workcentre 7830?

Since you use Scan to Home, everyone has the same settings, you cannot have individual settings because you can't modify a template per person, the template is created per login.

So your only option is to do it manually, or make everyone use 400DPI. But if you make everyone use 400DPI, it is very likely they will complain, call Xerox, and change it back.

But if you want, you can change it to whatever you want.

CWIS > Properties > Services > Scan To Home > General > Modify Settings

1.GIF

3.GIF

You probably can't make the change though, you would need admin rights, and your IT would have changed it so the default admin won't work.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
0 Kudos