cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to change the number of rings for incoming faxes on a Xerox altalink c8055

Product Name: Xerox AltaLink C8030 / C8035 / C8045 / C8055 / C8070 Color Multifunction Printer
Operating System: Not Applicable

Hi, 

I am trying to configure the fax settings on an altalink c8055 copier. Does anybody have any inputs on how I can change the no. of rings of incoming faxes on the altalink? All i have found in the incoming fax default option is an Automatic Answer Delay. But that one doesn't sound like its an option to increase or decrease the no. of rings.

Any help in this reagards is highly appreciated.

Thank You,

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: How to change the number of rings for incoming faxes on a Xerox altalink c8055

Automatic answer delay is the time in seconds to answer (not rings)

1-15 seconds are the options

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: How to change the number of rings for incoming faxes on a Xerox altalink c8055

Yes. You are right. So does that mean that altalinks DO NOT have the option to decrease/increase the no. of rings for an incming fax. That the feature is simply not there? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

It's semantics. Coding wise its easier to use seconds because rings differ by region, Seconds do not, and the machines are global

In the USA the ring cycle is 6 seconds - 2 seconds on and 4 seconds off.

In the UK the ring cycle is 3 seconds 0.4 second on, 0.2 second off, 0.4 second on, 2 seconds off

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thank You

0 Kudos