Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lefebvre.felix

Intermittent scan to email

Product Name: WorkCentre 7525/7530/7535/7545/7556
Operating System: Windows 10 x64

Hello,

I have a WorkCentre 7545 since 2016. It was working flawlessly ultill a few nomths now. The function to scan and send the file by email nows works very intermittently. I would say only 25 % of the time it works. The rest of the time, the email doesnt get transferred to as supposed and an error apge is printed: "JOB FAILED: Login failed. Check password or configurations." (its a translation by me as my printer is setup in French)

The SMTP address is: smtp.office365.com and the server is: 587. No changes have been made to the printer's settings. It seems to have started to work intermittently all of a sudden, without reason.

I found out that restarting the printer when the scan to email doesn't work helps sometimes, but only for a short period of time. I haven't found a correlation between the type of document I scan (legal vs letter, 1 side vs 2 side, etc.) and the problem occuring.

All other activities from the printer work perfectly fine. There is no problem when printing form the netowrk. Therefore, I don't think it is a connection to the Internet problem.

What sould I try to resolve this problem? It is really starting to annoy me!

Thank a lot,

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CathyO-Xerox
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Intermittent scan to email

Hello lefebvre.felix,

I searched the Support page and found this article on the Logon Failed message on you device.

Thanks,
CathyO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!
0 Kudos