cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kenson-O

Issue Copying Mixed Originals

Operating System: Windows 10 x64

When copying mixed originals composed of Letter paper and Legal paper, all of the copies are printed on Legal paper. Screenshots of settings below.

CP Cap 1.PNGCP Cap 2.PNG

The originals are loaded Letter, Legal, Letter, Legal, etc

Both Letter and Legal are loaded and properly configured, and the documents appear correct when scanning with identical settings selected.

I have tested this on a C8055 and a B8055, both produce the same result: The legal original prints correctly, while the letter original prints on legal sized paper in the very center of the page.

I have verified up-to-date software, restarted, software reset, and gone down the phone support route to no avail.

Building the job 1 page at a time via the Build Job setting takes far too long for our workflow.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm truly at a loss.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
TammyL-Xerox
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Issue Copying Mixed Originals

Hello Kenson-O,

Please take a look at this article for mixed originals

If you are still having issues after trying these steps, I suggest that you call into our support department for assistance @ 1-800-821-2797 or 1-800-835-6100.

Thanks,
TammyL-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!
0 Kudos
Kenson-O

Thank you for the suggestion Tammy, but that article only shows how to set the paper size

As explained in my post, I am copying Mixed Originals where the Legal documents are printing on Legal paper as intended, but my Letter documents are printing on Legal as well instead of Letter.

I have called in multiple times to seek support, but no one seems to have any suggestions for me other then using Build Job, which does not fit my workflow, nor does it solve the issue with the Mixed Originals function printing Letter size documents on Legal Paper.

0 Kudos
George850650-XRXN
Technical Escalation User

Kenson,

I know that you stated that the machine is at the latest firmware. What Firmware level is it?

I am seeing Mixed Size Originals issues in Firmware Release Notes for the AltaLink but for the B series.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Kenson-O

The firmware levels I am working are as follows:

Altalink B8000 Series - 101.008.019.20200

Altalink C8000 Series - 101.002.059.13300 (I have tried a few firmware levels on this machine testing this issue, it is currently running a SPAR from late 2020 if I'm not mistaken.)

I have done limited testing on the B series device as it is not at the office I work out of.

0 Kudos
George850650-XRXN

Kenson,

The latest (03/21) SPAR firmware for the C80xx is 103.xxx.001.05400.

The latest for the B80xx is 103.008.001.05400.  I would recommend upgrading to the latest to see if it fixes the Mixed Size Original issue.

If it does not then you should contact Support and open a Log. On the plus side they would have you upgrade anyway since your firmware is from 10/19 (B) and 05/19 (C).

You can get links to the Firmware at www.xerox.com/security. On the right side of the page under Security Resources is a Software Release Quick Lookup Table.

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos