cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
6 Replies

Re: New B225 MFP not detected in Xerox Print and Scan Experience and KB5034510 solution not helping.

I have called them...They said this issue was ongoing..Microsoft is to blame.
I will wait. Thanks.
0 Kudos
TammyL-Xerox
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: New B225 MFP not detected in Xerox Print and Scan Experience and KB5034510 solution not helping.

Hello GSzarkaTAT, 

I suggest that you contact the support department for further assistance with this issue @ 1800-821-2797. 

Thanks,
TammyL-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!
0 Kudos

I tried....

1. Click Start, type cmd, right-click Command Prompt, and then select Run as Administrator.

2. In the opened command prompt, type cd /d “[path_to_downloaded_tool]” and then press Enter.

3. Type the name of the file appropriate for your device from the list below (for instance PrintMetadataTroubleshooterX86.exe) and then press Enter.

• The tool will return the message Troubleshooter completed successfully on devices where incorrect printer information was found/fixed. Or, it will return the message Troubleshooter not applicable since metadata package not found on devices that are not affected.

Here is the result:

shi.jpg

0 Kudos
TammyL-Xerox
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello StefLoum, 

Please take a look at this article for some trouble shooting steps for you to try.  

Thanks,
TammyL-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!
0 Kudos
StefLoum

Although previously everything was 'ok', these last days I have almost the same problem: I can use B225 as a copier, I can use it as a printer, but it doesn't work as a scanner through XPSE. When I press 'Scan', after a while I get a message that there is no connection  etc.

Any thoughts? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Stef Loum

0 Kudos

Hi Bobtec,

Seems this is a Micro$oft issue...maybe 23H2 version???

So, same issue on my end. I just bought this B225 1 week ago, but I can't send it back to reseller since I've already printed > 10 pages...

So, a good news is this App is working on Windows 10 (Pro and Home I tested), but not on Win11 Pro...:-(

I can't do anything but waiting for the REAL fix since the message from another thread (yes, SO many problems with a "famous" company) says it is a problem for HP printers, not Xerox, but for me ..:-(

Keep fingers crossed - but really, before Christmas, I can't do better than looking at this forum....,he?

0 Kudos
Bobtec

New B225 MFP not detected in Xerox Print and Scan Experience and KB5034510 solution not helping.

Product Name: Xerox B225 Multifunction Printer
Operating System: Windows 11

My brand new B225 MFP was installed on a windows 11 laptop using  XeroxSmartStart_1.9.12.0.exe.
The Type 4 print system was installed including the TWAIN/WIA scanner drivers and then the Xerox Print and Scan Experience was installed from MS Store.
The printer can print pages fine from Word etc but XPSE is not detecting my printer so I cannot scan.
I tried running the recommended KB5034510 Microsoft Printer Metadata Troubleshooter Tool, but it says that my device is not affected.
Can someone please help me to get the scanner working in Xerox Print and Scan Experience as this is a brand new machine and installation and I cannot figure out what to do.

0 Kudos