that firmware have been tested without any effect.
I haven't however tested the SPAR's ... but as nothing are mentioned in release notes of SMTP errors i see no point.
also I can confirm that removing the 'Ethernet Dual Stack' have improved the behavior of the SMTP feature.
I talked alot with my customer today (4 C405's, 1 C505 & 1 C8035) only the A3 MFP acted good and without issues.
The remaining (C405/505) had problems.
a user reported that he could go to the printer in production, do a scan, return 4 min later, do a scan (wich failed), move to printer in shipping doing an SMTP, 1 hour later going back to device at production and suddenly do a scan again.
All 4 scans were to same destination, no popo procedure, all devices setup with same SMTP-settings.
After we removed dual stack they have been able to scan for 'a few hours' without incidents... we are however still a little cautios calling it 'solved' :-)
very interessting thread here... (was pointed this direction by Xerox supporter).
I've just installed 4 x C405 & 1 C8035 at a customer with SMTP to their Office365 account.
The strange part is that the C8035 runs perfectly and have been running for 2 weeks.
But the C405's act really really strange.
I can setup the devices, do a scan and all is fine. Then some time later they stop working.
Then trying to diagnose devices/configuration and suddenly customer reports, "what did you change, it works now" only to get back to me 2 hours later saying; "now all the C405's stopped working".
So there are DEFINITLY something awry with theese devices.
2 of the devices are on latest (as of yesterday) general release and one are an older version. They all act in the same manner.
I will try tomorrow and disable the dual stack and see if that changes anything and report back here.
Recent experience with a B7035: Kept getting 016-781 server connection error
using smtp.office365.com port 587. It would send once, then seemed to get blocked for 30 minutes.
I was at the point where I was ready to do a Wireshark trace....then a 2nd Level analyst saw that the device was set up (under connectivity) as "Dual Stack"...changed it to ipV4, and turned off ipV6...
This fixed the problem...
with a new System there was again the failure, that no mail was send with the office365 smtp server.
But i found the problem:
Check under System/Security -> SSL/TLS Settings, that for "Device Certificate - Client" is the Machine certifikate selected.
On our new system this was not specified, after selecting the certificate of the system, the mail send works with office365 !
You had to have changed something on the printer to get 016-781, or someone else did, because that means absolutely no data to the server, meaning the printer never found a connection of any kind to smtp.office365.com, which would not happen due to encryption or protocols, it could only be that the server is put in wrong, or the gateway/subnet/DNS is wrong on the printer.
I have put the address in the "allowed" section within Office 365. I have also run a mail trace and I can't see any of the emails coming into Office 365 since we updated the firmware.
Although since changing that we are now getting the error code 016-781.
Thank you for your help.
Then do a wireshark trace and find out what is actually happening. I can only go by the fault code you provided, and yes, Office365 can easily block inside a domain and does.
But this was working before the firmware upgrade. Also we are sending from an account within their own doman so surely it wouldn't see this as SPAM.