cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Phaser 3625 will not scan to email

Hello, I have a Phaser 3635 that we frequently use to scan to email.  We recently installed Exchange 2010 SP3, and I suspect that something with that service pack might be interfering with the email function.

When I attempt to scan to email, the job status fails because it cannot connect to the SMTP server.  We were previously not using any authentication to send the emails.

Is there a way to get a more detailed error log than what prints out after a failed attempt?

Thanks,

Mike Sassman

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Agency Analyst
Agency Analyst

Re: Phaser 3625 will not scan to email

msassman,

Check the Exchange server and make sure you have  that IP address allowed for relaying. I also think you have to create a relay for this and enable port 25 - I'm recalling this from memory but I think you have to.

Thank you,
Jordan R.
Xerox Agency Analyst

If someone helped you make sure you give Kudos for their efforts! Don't forget to Select Accept as Solution if the reply resolved your issue as it will be able to help others!

Thank you,
Jordan R.
Systems Analyst / Consultant
Fiery Certified Professional

If someone helped you make sure you give Kudos for their efforts! Don't forget to Select Accept as Solution if the reply resolved your issue as it will be able to help others!
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Phaser 3625 will not scan to email

By default setup, Exchange 2010 accepts only authenticated users, so the easiest way is to authenticate as a standard exchange user, that way you do not have to change your receive connector settings...

Regards,

Rolf

0 Kudos