cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
115 Replies

Re: Print and Scan Experience Options are missing

I downloaded Xerox Print And Scan Experience from the Microsoft Store and started to install the .exe file. My Norton security program said the file was unsafe and instantly removed it. Why?

0 Kudos

All fixed now.  Please see below post from Xerox Support:

XPSE version 8.0 is live on the Microsoft Store and users are being automatically updated. If you prefer, you can manually update from app the store.  Xerox Smart Start Installer has also been updated for new installs. 

Thanks,
TammyL-Xerox
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Have you heard any update on this?

0 Kudos
CCTCIT1

All of our installs updated and the few remaining that the MS Fix didn't address were fixed by this update.  It was about time Xerox.

0 Kudos
TammyL-Xerox
Community Manager
Community Manager

All, 

XPSE version 8.0 is live on the Microsoft Store and users are being automatically updated. If you prefer, you can manually update from app the store.  Xerox Smart Start Installer has also been updated for new installs. 

Thanks,
TammyL-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!
TammyL-Xerox
Community Manager
Community Manager

All, 

Thanks,
TammyL-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!
pcraenme
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

But wasn't the Xerox Smart Installer not the issue here? At least for new installs? That dit not install correctly resulting in strange printer names, no scanning device and the printer not showing up in Xerox Print and Scan Experience.

0 Kudos

XPSE.png

Well, I just opened Microsoft Store...and ...yes, new version is ready to upgrade. It's a pity I have solved the issue Yesterday, I could have waited 1 day... 

Hope this will not be screwed up later....

Have a good day!

0 Kudos
Emgi

Today i got an update (Version 8.0 Build 8.110.9.0) for Xerox Print and Scan Experience and it brought my printers back! Hooray!
It looks like it also added some more functionality.
Have to delve into it.
Thanks Xerox, it was about time but you did it!

0 Kudos

Well, after 1 and a half month...pfuh, I could not imagine that a member of forum has helped me! I am not a big IT fan, using PC for 25 years since Win3.1 but I never ever thought that the solution was so simply....even in 2024 when Windows 11 installs driver/devices smoothly without manual interruption/automatically, the solution is override it and add manually, maybe last time it was during XP...:-) Very funny.

I hope I'll remember this trick next time when I re-install my Windows copy...

Thanks Buddy, you should really go to work for Xerox...but for LOTS OF MONEY...:-) You'll worth the money...