I have a new Phaser 3635 that was placed at a customers office. I set up the machine for printing and scanning. I was able to get the windows xp to print and scan to network folder with no problems. Another lady in the office has a laptop with Windows 7 home premium installed. The document fails everytime I try to send.
I uninstalled windows media essentials per xerox, I updated the firmware to one version below the latest which Xerox said should be fine. I created a user on the laptop with admin rights, gave the user full control rights to the folder as well as read and write permissions. The scanning still fails everytime. I dont't know where else to go with this because Xerox really has no other solution for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
what version of firmware have you installed?
i see a fix in this rls : 20.102.03.021 : SMB scanning with NTLM security level set to 5 fails.
also there are other trhreads about scanning issues with security on 6180 mfps that have been resolved, maybe they can be usefull ?
is this helpful? :
(A) Configure the Windows 2003 Server for NTLMv2:
1. Login in to the Windows 2003 server with administrator credentials
2. Go to Start > Programs > Administrative Tools > Domain Controller Security Policy
3. In the window that opens, go to Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options
4. Use the scroll bar to locate and select / highlight Network security : LAN Manager authentication level
5. Right click and go to Properties. (or use the Properties icon from the menu bar)
6. From the drop down list, select 'Send NTLSv2 response only \ refuse LM & NTLM'
7. Click the 'OK' button to confirm the selection.
8. Go to Start > Run and type in 'cmd' and press the 'OK' button to open a command line.
9. Key in the command 'gpupdate' and press the enter key.
Go to Start>Run> key in 'regedit' >press OK
In the Registry Editor go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SYSTEM>CurrentControlSet>Control>Lsa>lmcompatibilitylevel and verify it is (5)
Close the Registry Editor.
(B) Create and share a folder on the Windows 2003 server with Read/Write/Execute Permissions.
(C) Configure the Phaser 3635MFP
1- Access the device web UI with system administrator credentials
2- Go to Properties > Services > Network Scanning > File Repository Setup > Default Destination
3- Select SMB and key in the shared folder location.
4- Key in the Login Name in this format <domain\login>. Use lower case for the domain.
(D) At the Phaser 3635MFP LUI, use the network scanning Default template and initiate a job. The scan job fails with a login error- check user login and password. This is the problem.
At the Windows 2003 server if HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SYSTEM>CurrentControlSet>Control>Lsa>lmcompatibilitylevel = (3) this failure is not experienced.
This tip applies to Phaser 3635MFP. Fixed in Phaser 3635MFP System Software Version 20.102.03.021 to be released Feb 2011.
WORKAROUND: The SMB Filing Destination Login must be specified in <DOMAIN\login> format, please use UPPER CASE for the DOMAIN: example <DOMAIN\login>.
A couple things to try:
1. temporarily disable firewall
2. check to see if the laptop has local dns server set - going to be hard to find the computer name without it
3. for username domain name in the login, which is the client computer name
4. try using ip address of client machine instead of computer name - maybe the computer name isn't found on the dns server
5. setup FTP - I use IIS for some client that have issues scanning smb - FTP is easy to trouble shoot
Windows live essentials only comes with home versions of 7 and I am scanning to windows 7 pro so the windows live essentials isn't relative here. Xerox is aware of scanning issues with the 3635 because they are releasing a SPAR in January to address those issues.