We have several 4110/4112 models of production copiers and we recently moved our NAS to a new Isilon storage array. The 41XX series devices will not scan to the new Isilon via the SMB protocol. FTP works fine. I have tried FQDN\user, domain\user, changed to scan to the root, used a local account on the Isilon. Tried IP of the Isilon, name, etc. It appears that these models will not scan past SMB1. I have tried ports 139 and 445 as well. Am I missing something here? Machines are fully patched and updated. Any thoughts or anyone with similar issues and any solutions? Here is the error sheet information after the dreaded beeps: "Completed with an Error (027-529): Data read failure from SMB server" I have spoken with Xerox and they have no history of this error other than reboots fixed it, etc.
Thank you for using the forum. I checked the Support & Driver site for the 4110/4112 for a solution and was unable to identify anything that would be helpful. I also could not locate the error code in the Fault Codes that we have listed.
I suggest you call the support center for assistance. 1-800-821-2797.
Did you ever figure out a solution to your issue? We recently installed an Isilon and have had issues with certain models of Xerox printers scanning to it. We have some 5150s that scan to it without issue but can not get any other Xerox models to scan to the Isilon. We also get teh 027-529 errors.
Have you ever figured this out? we're having exactly same issue of new Isilon array configs not authenticating our MFPs for SMB file scanning.
027-529 is usually a connectivity issue, check your settings, try to connect to the shared folder from another computer to see if that works etc.
Also could it be that it's being blocked?
Please remember to select "Accept as Solution" for posts that helped you solve the issue.
I ran into this same very issue on a Xerox C70 and was able to resolve it using the following process.
1. I created an account on the server with a username and password.
2. I shared a folder on the server, for scans to come too.
3. I opened an incomming port 139 in windows firewall advanced features to allow the printer to communicate with the server.
4. In the network scan settings for the C70 I chose SMB as the protocool.
5. The host name is the ip address of the server.
6. The port is 139.
7. Shared name would be the name of the folder shared on step 2.
8. Selected System in the Login Authenication section.
9. Entered the details from the account you created in step 1.
10. Was able to succssfully scan to the networked location.
-I hope this helps.