cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Scan to E-mail and Network Address Book

I'm having an issue with scanning and e-mailing to a single e-mail address in the network address book.  The user had been recently married and we changed her e-mail address to reflect the new last name.  The changes propagated correctly to the network address book.  However, e-mails sent to the new address never arrive.  E-mails sent to any other address from the Xerox arrive without issue.  She receives all other e-mail without issue.  Manually entering the address as a recipient does not work either.  This is happening on 4 different Xerox devices.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Scan to E-mail and Network Address Book

Hi VPL80,
Thank you for using the Xerox forum.

Since there are different paths for troubleshooting depending on the model it would be helpful to know which model machines are involved with the problem.

Mitch Swetsky
Xerox Customer Tools & Social Media Moderator
CM_Cert_Logo_Color.png

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues.
Your feedback counts!
0 Kudos
Highlighted

The units affected include Workcentre 7835, Workcentre 5865 and Colo 560

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Normally I would suggest that the machines were holding some old data and that it would eventually get sorted out when all the DNS servers updated etc etc. But this is beyond that.

To be sure I am getting this. Let us say the person was named Jessica Garcia (Jessica.garcia@domain.com) , got married and became Jessica Johnson (Jessica.johnson@domain.com)

I am also assuming that in Outlook, when in the GAL, Jessica Garcia is still there (for those who have no idea she was married) so that both names can be found, and that if you search for Jessica Garcia, the query will result only with Jessica Johnson, so the email will send.

So what happens at the machine(s) if this scenario is correct and you send an email to Jessica.garcia@domain.com manually (not the new address) vs sending to Jessica.johnson@domain.com

How about the webui of the devices , what shows in a search for the user?

Capture6.JPG

On the 78xx, does anything change if you go to the device, login, select Machine Status > Tools > Troubleshooting > Resets >Software reser > Reset Both ?

Since you have access to the LDAP server, can I assume you also have access to the SMTP server? If so, what is the server side showing when the machines are attempting to send to her?

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos