Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdkubiak

Scan to Email (using LDAP user lookup)

Product Name: VersaLink B7025/B7030/B7035
Operating System: Not Specified

Hello,

Is there a way on the Versalink printers (specifically for my test on a B7035) to use LDAP to look up a user/email address when trying to scan for email?  The GUI on this printer is atrocious (impossible to navigate), so I figure there is a chance I'm missing it. 

I have no problem configuring LDAP, getting email configured, and I know I can import using a .CSV file for the address book, but that is impractical to use long term for an ever changing user list.  I'm trying to find a way to better automate this instead of expecting to update and maintain the address book on potentially a bunch of different printers.  I would prefer to look it up using ldap if possible.  Searching the Internet has not turned up anything that is specific to my question.  Or my search skills are terrible, one of the two.  

0 Kudos
4 Replies
George850650-XRXN
Technical Escalation User

Re: Scan to Email (using LDAP user lookup)

mdkubiak,

To enable the LDAP Address book, log in at the machine. Go to the Device App>Select Apps>Select Address Book> Enable LDAP.

You can use the Remote Control Panel as well if you are not near the machine.

I hope this helps.

mdkubiak

Hello George,  I don't see that as an option. Am I somehow still looking at the wrong location?

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
George850650-XRXN

mdkubiak,

I do not see your attachment.

Here is what I have.VL LDAP Address Book.jpg

I hope this helps.

KK-NJ

mdkubiak, if you need to set up LDAP, that will be under Connectivity in EWS.

0 Kudos