cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmcdurmont

Scan to Email

Product Name: WorkCentre 3615
Operating System: Windows 10

I have multiple WC 3615s throughout my operation and have used them for years with no issue. I moved one to a different location and when i tried to configure the SMTP, it will not connect to the server. I have set all the properties to match another WC 3615 that is currently working correctly. I have exausted my resources. I hope someone with a little knowledge can help.

Thanks in advance>

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
19 Replies
andymbody
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Scan to Email

1. When you say that you "moved one to different location"... do you mean that you physically moved the machine to a new ethernet port, room, floor, building, city? Or are you referring to simply changing SMTP service on the device?

2. Did this move include changing IP scheme, gateway, DNS, etc.

3. Was email setup and working on this device prior to moving the machine?

4. Which SMTP service are you currently trying to setup?

5. Is it the same as was used before on this device?

6. Which server, port, authentication, encryption settings are you using to setup the SMTP?

Andy

0 Kudos
kmcdurmont

Thanks for the response.

1) yes I physically moved the machine to a new location in a different city.

2) I formatted the machine back to all detail settings as if it were new, out of the box. I updated the IP settings to the new IP I was provided.

3) yes the email was working on the device prior to me moving it. However, after the move, and before i formatted back to default settings, for some reason it was asking me for a username and password. I tried everything that I could think it might be, including using xerox IT for assistance, but nothing worked. I do not know why it was asking for a login, I’ve had this printer for years and never needed one. This is the reason why I had to revert the machine back to factory settings. I still have the same model printer in my office currently that is functioning properly. I made note of all the settings so that I can just duplicate them to the machine I’m having trouble with.

4) we use office365

5) yes it’s the same service

6) SMTP.office365.com
Port 587
SMTP auth (AUTO)
SSL - disabled
Encryption strength - 128bit or higher
Port - 443
SMTP - SSL/TLS communications - STARTTLS
(If available)
0 Kudos
andymbody
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I see some possible discrepencies in the settings that you posted.

However, I do not have a 3615 machine to visually reference the smtp setup pages and fields for this particular model. And settings locations can be slightly different depending on the sw version that the 3615 has installed.

So, would you be able to post screenshots of the smtp settings so I can tell you which settings to adjust?

Correct settings
smtp server (host) = smtp.office365.com
Port = 587

Questionable settings
SMTP auth (auto)
SSL - disabled
Encryption of 128bit+
Port 443 is for HTTPS (should not have anything to do with email)
Should be using STARTTLS (not STARTTLS if available)

I can get a better idea of which of these settings are relevant and need to be adjusted (and what they should be) if I can see a screenshot.

Also, device time, subnet mask, gateway, DNS settings must also be correct. There are also other things that can affect email connection success.

Keep in mind that uploaded pictures must be approved by moderators prior to them displaying on this thread, so if you see blocks instead of your pictures after uploading, keep that in mind. They will eventually display once they are approved.

Andy

0 Kudos
kmcdurmont

SSL.JPGEmail Settings.JPGscan defaults.JPGCapture.JPG

0 Kudos
andymbody
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

These pages/settings look ancient.
Can you tell me the sw version that is loaded on the 3615 machine?
0 Kudos
andymbody
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Can you also upload an image that shows the IP scheme configuration?

IP4 address, subnet mask, and GATEWAY. And whether this is setup Static or Dynamic (DHCP).

Andy
0 Kudos
andymbody
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Also...
In Email Settings > Authentication Type...
What are all the possible choices found there (if you open the selection box)?
0 Kudos
andymbody
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I also don't see a way to enable TLS encryption in the Email settings. Usually the global SSL encryption settings would not necessarily be used to determine whether encryption is enabled for smtp (email). So the SSL (HTTPS) settings you uploaded should normally not be involved with email.

However, the smtp server you are trying to connect to requires TLS encryption as far as I know. It would also require SHA-256 hashing (used for authentication). Which requires that the 3615 sw support it.

There was a sw version released in 2016 that supports SHA-256. The latest sw spar is much newer than that, but im not sure whether it's available to the general public. I will check.

I still question the current DNS. It appears to be pointing to the gateway (maybe), but is the gateway being used for DNS services on this network? I would need to see the IP4 settings mentioned earlier to get a better idea.

In the mean time, please provide the info requested above.

Andy.
0 Kudos
andymbody
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Ok... I see in SSL settings it does have the SMTP encryption setting there. Change that from "STARTTLS (if avail)" to "STARTTLS" (if that is an option). And try turning on SSLv3 just below that.

I'd still like to see the Gateway setting screen as well.
0 Kudos