Good evening community,
I own a 6515DNI and a FritzBox 7590. I would like to be able to scan to a folder "Scan" on my FritzNas, but I dont have a clue how to achieve that.
On my Fritzbox I log in via a password, no username required from the LAN. Xerox is in the same LAN.
Can anyone please give me a step by step guide to get this to work?
Thanks very much in advance!
I am not familiar with Fritznas, but found this page that may help you:
Also, you can look for scanning solutions for your 6515 HERE.
I just wanted to share my solution.
1. enable the Login by user and password-function in your FritzBox. Only then you can get access to the NAS.
2. activate the NAS itself and create a new folder, I named it "Scan"
3. activate SMB access to your NAS under the network settings of the FritzBox
4. On your Printer homepage > create a new user named "FritzBox"
5. under SMB type in the IP-adress of the Fritzbox with port 445
6. The direction to the "scan" folder is then: FRITZ.NAS/Scan
7. type in the username and the appropriate password of one of the users of the fritzbox, that got access to the NAS
8. Save and try out. Choose Scan on your printer and under "contacts" choose the Fritzbox
9. Once scanned, the file will be available on your FritzNas and you can add a shortcut to the NAS on every device you want to have access from