Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Scan to email stopped working

Jump to solution
Product Name: WorkCentre 6605
Operating System: Windows 10 x64

Hi, I have a WorkCentre 6605 which has suddenly stopped scanning to email. We use a gmail account to recieve this but after testing both SSL and TLS gmail settings and updating the firmware I am not any closer to resolving this issue.

Unable to connect to Email SMTP server 016-764 is what appears on the printer's console.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Scan to email stopped working

Jump to solution

Try this firmware specifically

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Updated to that firmware same issue still, any other thoughts to resolve this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Jump to solution

016-764 means it connected but then got an invalid response from the mail server (Printer gets confused and just stops)

So if you get that on the latest firmware, then Google likely changed something on their end that the printer can't do.

Your best bet is to use something like SMTP2Go assuming you have already followed the plethora of gmail topics posted here already

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution
Enable SMTP Authentication is unticked. Make sure that the copiers are using a valid email address to scan with - not just a dummy. Also - being that the copiers are not part of your domain - you may have to enable authentication. As VW mentioned above, Google usually requires SSL/TLS authentication.
Highlighted

Jump to solution

found the problem to be the Gmail account, the computer is in a remote location from our main office and was Google was blocking the other site's IP address, soon as I logged into the account from the other site it prompted me make sure that it was signing in from this site using the recovery email address and the the scan to email functional was restored.

SSL settings: Use StartTSL if available

Email Settings: port 587, SMTP server smtp.gmail.com, I used authenication with the gmail address and password afterwards.

Thanks all that helped