cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
lunnix New Member

Scan to email with gmail in xerox 7545 and xerox 7345?

We set 2 xerox machines to email scanner with gmail.
The machines are 7345 and 7545 before we had them on port 25 but gmail uses SSL and a different port.

Can you help?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Fabio Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Scan to email with gmail in xerox 7545 and xerox 7345?

i dont think you will get it working on the 7345 model, ssl is for gmail is not supported

but xerox is releasing new firmwares for this otion, i know for other models they included that feature like the colorqube...

you can try upgrading your 7545 model to version : 061.121.221.29800 , maybe its inlcuded in that release... call xerox to obtain that firmware since its not public

0 Kudos
clippership New Member

smtp.gmail.com port: 587 you will need to use STARTTLS
mohammed_k Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

your wc7545 does not support gmail SSL,

connect to aspmx.l.google.com on port 25.

You must configure an SPF record for your domain with the IP address of the device or application to ensure that recipients do not reject mail sent from it. You must also add this IP address to the Email Whitelist box in your Google Apps control panel. For example. if your sending device sends from 123.45.67.89, add that address to your SPF record without removing the Google Apps mail servers from the record:

v=spf1 ip4:123.45.67.89 include:_spf.google.com ~all

Regards

Remember that you are responsible for your own decisions to act upon the information provided by community members , Without any liability to Xerox.
0 Kudos
Xerox Authorized Dealer Analyst Adam101912-ASP
Xerox Authorized Dealer Analyst

You may have luck with the 587 port with starttls. I usually use port 465 and SSL / TLS if availabe  if 465 doesnt work try the 587 port. Will work with gmail Ive set several of them up. But make sure you specify a domain under the DNS settings under the connectivity tab. then IP and then the DNS. Put something there even if you arent on a true domain must have something there to work

0 Kudos