Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Tha Rye Guy New Member

Scan via USB to computer

Product Name: VersaLink C505X
Operating System: Windows 7 x64

I'm trying to setup this MFP to run connected to a dedicated computer via USB.  So I want to print and scan directly from the PC via USB.  I can install the drivers for printing to work fine.  But the computer doesn't recognize the device as a scanner as well.

I have turned on the "Scan To Desktop" function (why does this need to be turned on through EWS for a USB connection?).  Everytime I press the "Scan to Desktop" app it gives me a message saying "No scan profiles are available".

I can't get the computer to recognize the device as a scanner.  I've installed every driver I can find:
TWAIN/WIA Scan Driver - XeroxScanExperience_7.1.24.0_x64.msi

The TWAIN drivers that came with the disk won't install because a newer version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 is already installed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-hcl
Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: Scan via USB to computer

It doesn't scan via USB, the Scan to PC option scans over the network.

TWAIN/WIA is also scanning via the network., basically it scans to everything via a network connection, and that is why you enable everything via the Network port (EWS)

You can scan to a USB key, but that is it for the USB port

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
0 Kudos