cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmpeauclaire

Scanning Settings vs Copy Settings

Product Name: Xerox Versant 80 Press
Operating System: Windows 10 x64

When copying from the glass, I am able to utilize a variety of settings: Photo, Text, Map, etc.  I need the "Map" setting to get the best quality out of pencil drawings for a customer.  However, she also wants to save the images to a file, but there is no "Map" setting under the Scanning function.  Scanning allows only for Text or Photo, which result in horrible images.  Is it possible to enable the "Map" function for the scanner?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Scanning Settings vs Copy Settings

Hello mmpeauclaire.

If you have not already resolved this issue, we suggest you search our online knowledgebase for this product: Xerox Versant 80 EX-i 80 Print Server Powered by Fiery.

Alternatively, you can visit our Contact Us page for other support options.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

Anna376

There are several options when choosing how to scan your hard copy documents ... To change your resolution, go to the 'Advanced Settings' tab on your Xerox

@mmpeauclaire wrote:

When copying from the glass, I am able to utilize a variety of settings: Photo, Text, Map, etc.  I need the "Map" setting to get the best quality out of pencil drawings for a customer.  However, she also wants to save the images to a file, but there is no "Map" setting under the Scanning function.  Scanning allows only for Text or Photo, which result in horrible images.  Is it possible to enable the "Map" function for the scanner?

Photo and Text is for use if your original is from a magazine or other source that 

0 Kudos
mmpeauclaire

I am not trying to change the scanning resolution.  The problem is the difference in available options for scanning to a file versus copying directly from the glass. 

Please see attached images showing the options available for each method.  

The COPY function (which copies directly from the glass onto paper) gives me an option for "MAP" which for hand-drawn artwork produces a MUCH superior quality copy.  However, this is inadequate, as I need to be able to SAVE a file for later printing.

The SCAN function (which creates a TIFF or JPG file on my server, rather than an image on paper) does not have the "MAP" function.  The only options for scanning are text, photo, or photo/text.  Again, these options do not produce the quality I can get from the "MAP" function under the copy screen.

IMG_20201211_154138.jpgIMG_20201211_154111.jpg

0 Kudos
Anna376

@Anna376 wrote:

There are several options when choosing how to scan your hard copy documents ... To change your resolution, go to the 'Advanced Settings' tab on your Xerox

@mmpeauclaire wrote:

Tellpizzahut Survey

Photo and Text is for use if your original is from a magazine or other source that 

Did you have a fix on this issue? I have the same problem with Facing same issue but no response from anyone and couldnt find this topic troubleshooting in google.

0 Kudos
mmpeauclaire

There is apparently no solution.  You can use the "map" setting ONLY when making copies from the glass directly to paper.  You CANNOT use the "map" setting when scanning to a file.  (I've found that the "map" setting produces superior colors and detail when duplicating my customers' hand-drawn images.)

0 Kudos