Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PAScott05

Scanning issue 6027 and Mac OS Big Sur

Jump to solution
Product Name: Xerox Workcenter 6027
Operating System: macOS 11 - Big Sur

I have a Xerox Workcenter 6027 which was working fine until I upgraded to Mac OS Big Sur 11.01.  Either hard wire or airprint, the scan will initiate, however after complete, I just get a daisy wheel and the image does not come up on the screen.  Image Capture just hangs.  Anyone have a solution?  My guess is Xerox may need a driver update, but not sure if there may be another issue here.

Thanks

0 Kudos
26 Replies
TammyL-Xerox
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Scanning issue 6027 and Mac OS Big Sur

Jump to solution

Hello PAScott05, 

Thank you for your feedback. This driver is a high priority that we are working. While I don’t have a date for when it will be available, we are expecting to have it soon.

In the meantime, you can still add the printer on macOS using the built-in “Generic Postscript PPD”.

If Xerox driver features are really needed, you could try an unsupported work-around in which you install the Xerox macOS Common Print Driver from a closely related product which is supported on Big Sur.  Note that there may be incompatibilities that could cause not all features/functions to work properly.

And lastly, if a specific scan driver or a print driver is not available AirPrint and Scan to Email may be used as a workaround.

https://www.support.xerox.com/en-us/article/en/2120800

Thanks,
TammyL-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!
SQ

Jump to solution

Hello,

same problem as PAScott05. Any progress?

0 Kudos
Portsmouth

Jump to solution

The new macOS coming soon is macOS Big Sur (version 11.0). Avoid any printing issues from upgrading the Big Sur OS with no drivers available. You may also see updated scan drivers for your multifunction device

talktowendys

0 Kudos
PAScott05

Jump to solution

Any update on a timeline as to when the driver might be released?  It's been few months.  Apple just released 11.1 and that didn't fix anything.  Still does the same with a scan.  No issue printing.

SQ

Jump to solution
Any progress on this issue?
0 Kudos
PAScott05

Jump to solution

Haven't heard a peep from Xerox.  I would have thought they would have been on this.  Big Sur has been out a while now.

PAScott05

Jump to solution

Hey Xerox...

Any update on when a fix is coming?  Silence is VERY REASSURING!?!

CathyO-Xerox
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hello PAScott05,

Delivery of updated drivers for macOS® Big Sur is currently being evaluated for the WorkCentre 6027 device. Please continue to visit www.xerox.com/drivers for updates regarding our driver delivery plans. Unfortunately, this is the only information on Big Sur and this device as the official word from Xerox. 

Thanks,
CathyO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!
0 Kudos
scschulte

Jump to solution

And what about a 64 bit (Big Sur macOS 11.x compatible) version of your excellent app  SCAN ASSISTANT???

This is really needed now-- Scan Assistant is a 32 bit app and since Nov 2019 when macOS 10.1 Catalina came out it will NOT WORK AT ALL on any Mac using Catalina or Big Sur.

Please post, CathO-Xerox with an update on a 64 bit version of SCAN ASSISTANT.

Thanks very much!

Best regards,

Steve Schulte
Monday 8 February 2021

0 Kudos