cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rn_ehi New Member

Scanning multi page documents to individual pdfs.

Operating System: Windows 10

Hello.

Am using Workcentre 7855 machines. I need to scan batches of multi page documents to pdf but need one pdf per document. 

Eg if I have ten x two page documents I want ten x two page pdfs to be produced. Seems simple enough. However all I seem to be able to do is produce one x twenty page pdf or twenty x single page pdfs.

Any solution to this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
gabiene Advisor
Advisor

Re: Scanning multi page documents to individual pdfs.

HI,

On the Job Assembly tab turn Build Job to on, scan first segment, the machine will prompt for next segment an so on when you finish your documents and at the end select Submit Job.

Gabi

0 Kudos
rn_ehi New Member

Won't that create one pdf file with all the documents in?

I want to put a stack of 10 multi page documents in the feeder and press "scan" and have 10 pdf files created.

0 Kudos
gabiene Advisor
Advisor

Oh yes! Sorry for misunderstanding! In this case I am afraid did not work.

0 Kudos
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-hcl
Analyst Nation Moderator

Yeah, it can be done. Open CWIS and select the Scan tab then select the template you are using and do this

1.JPG2.JPG

Or you can do it on the fly per job

3.JPG4.JPG6.JPG

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.
rn_ehi New Member

Thanks Joe but if I select "one file per page" this turns a two page document into two single page pdfs, not one 2-page pdf. So If I do this for a batch of 10 two page documents I'd get 20 pdfs not 10.

0 Kudos
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-hcl
Analyst Nation Moderator

If you stick 20 pages in the adf, you get one 20 page job, or 20 1 page jobs. It can't possibly know any more than that, it has no AI, it does not in any way interpret what is on the pages, its just a printer.

Now, if you are scanning the job in sections as separate scans and still getting one job in the shared folder, that would not be the default way it behaves, that means someone at your site told the printer to always add to the existing file, instead of creating a new file, so if that is your scenario you are going to have to provide more information, specifically:

1. What type of scan

2. What firmware is on the printer

3. What file type you are using

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.
0 Kudos
rn_ehi New Member

OK thanks. That makes sense I guess. I have some basic scan sofware which has an option to split files after a given number of pages pages so I thought this might be an available feature on the MFDs given they are built for bulk processing.

0 Kudos