cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1 Reply
TammyL-Xerox
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Scanning to e-mail no longer works "device could not transfer messages to the sending email

Hello splaitin, 

I found this article for the message Failure Transferring Job to Network Server message when scanning to email with some trouble shooting steps to try. If you are still having issues after trying these steps, I suggest that you call into our support department for assistance @ 1-800-835-6100.

Thanks,
TammyL-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!
0 Kudos
splaitin

Scanning to e-mail no longer works "device could not transfer messages to the sending email server"

Product Name: WorkCentre 6655i
Operating System: Windows 10

Hello,

Our WorkCentre 6655i machine has suddently stopped being able to scan to e-mail.  It was working fine with the settings we had (using an outlook.com e-mail address as the "from" email), but then starting a couple weeks ago we get an error message "Device could not transfer messages to the sending mail server (SMTP)."

I checked via CentreWare that the e-mail settings are correct and did a test e-mail send through there which was successful, so not sure why all of a sudden the machine isn't sending.  I tried rebooting the machine, disconnecting and reconnecting the network cable, etc. etc. and nothing has worked.

Any help would be appreciated,

thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos