Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Setting up scan to gmail on a workcentre 7225

Product Name: Workcentre 7225
Operating System: Windows 10

Hi to all,

I have a Workcentre 7225 in a home based business, the copier is linked to wifi through the home router. I' am not good technically at all so I need dome assistance if possible. I was wondering if it is possible to set up scan to e-mail on my google account? I' am finding it rather impossible as the copier needs an IP address and there is no way to get that as far as I can tell. as an alternative setting up scan to my computer would be great as well, is there a way that can be done?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Setting up scan to gmail on a workcentre 7225

The IP address is center of the printer screen when you push the Machine Status button

With that, you can follow this,

And if you need the firmware update for your 72XX (the post is a 78XX) you can grab it here

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
Highlighted

I learned it is not possible on 073 software to scan to e-mail or cloud, an additional $3000.00 is needed to set up a server, Xerox tech support can't help as I dpn't have a service plan and the software is locked out for this feature.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

That is hillariously incorrect information you obtained.

I literally work 2nd level support for Xerox, I provided you everything you need to set it up with exception to your email address settings.

And even if it did happen to be true, I provided you the 075 firmware that still would work even if that  wasn't blatantly false information

Firmware is free and always has been

Scan to cloud may require an app on the printer to do so directly, and if so, max price I have seen is $99 to get the app from the printers built in store (App Gallery)

Scan to email comes with the printer, they can't make you buy that.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
Highlighted

Hi, Joe
I' am so grateful for your reply, would you please call me at (403) 889-5477 I have paid out almost $200.00 had a tech who indicated he was familiar with Xerox products, he came back a second time and he was unable to figure this machine out, I called my brothers IT department ( he owns a huge company) they did a hyperterminal and couldn't figure it out, I have no problem paying you for your services as well. Thanks Joe.

Pat
0 Kudos