cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Unable to scan from Workcentre M20i to Windows 7

We are unable to scan in Windows 7 Professional. The scanner is not available in Microsoft Fax and Scan. In Adobe Standard 9.x, we get an appcrash when attempting to scan. We are using WorkCentre_M20M20i_W7.zip drivers from xerox website.

is anybody able to scan with the m20 in Windows 7?

12 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Unable to scan from Workcentre M20i to Windows 7

i think you need to use a tool that supports twain , like adobe photoshop or paperport ot something...
i am not sure , but thont you have paperport on the cds that delivered with the m20i..
some devices are equipped with that software
Highlighted
Agency Analyst
Agency Analyst

The software that came with your M20 (Paperport) will not be the correct version. You will need to upgrade it.
Thank you,
Jordan R.
Systems Analyst / Consultant
Fiery Certified Professional

If someone helped you make sure you give Kudos for their efforts! Don't forget to Select Accept as Solution if the reply resolved your issue as it will be able to help others!

I am having the same problem, the scanner is not being properly installed under windows 7, I reinstalled the driver under compatibility mode but it still did not work, I have appropriate software, I am not using the Xerox paperport.

I tried it on an XP machine and had the same problem, is there a known issue list?

Thanks

Harry

Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

i dont thing xerox will renew the drivers , i think the machine is out of contract...

did you call the helpdesk for installation guidance?
Highlighted

Hello guys. Hello dgardner.

I'm having the same problem of you.

I installed the "Windows Drivers and Utilities" (http://www.support.xerox.com/support/workcentre-m20-m20i/downloads/enus.html). I follow all the steps on User Guide Installation... But, I can't find the scanner in any place using Microsoft Windows 7.

I would like to know if someone try to use the parallel port or install "Xerox CentreWare Web Device Management Software"...

I guess a firmware upgrade will be not helpful...
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I did call Xerox for help, but they were absolutely useless. They said our m20i is out of contract and wanted $375 for the first 45 minutes? What? Thats nuts!

I just tried it on a new, fresh win7 machine. Installed adobe9.x std. SAME EXACT ISSUE. Note that Xerox states that this device is Win7 compatible.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello loliveiraro,

It appears the scanner drivers are either a combination of Adobe9 std + xerox or all Adobe9.x. The "WorkCentre_M20M20i_W7.zip" comes with a folder called "Web-M20C20_Scan(Normandy)". That is what I assumed were the scanner drivers, so I installed it.

Highlighted

I am having the same issue. Has this been resolved?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I got it to work. However you need paperport. :-(

0 Kudos