cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
16 Replies
jwy

Re: Unable to scan to email using Office365 account AltaLink C8055 only

signed up just to give you kudos. thank you!
0 Kudos
GabiE-Xerox
Xerox Employee
Xerox Employee

Hi,

That's because you downloaded the wrong firmware. So, beware at the firmare level:

xxx.001.xxx.xxxxx is for first speed of the machine, AltaLink C8030/8035

xxx.002.xxx.xxxxx is for midle speed, AltaLink C8045/8055

xxx.003.xxx.xxxxx is for high speed AltaLink C8070.

Gabi

mcoomber

Hi CherlO-Xerox,

the current firmware on my devices are 100.003.008.05700. I downloaded the 101.001.019.20200 to upgrade the device but then I getthe error message Upgrade File is Missing. Download Upgrade File when using the ConnectKey Technology Software Upgrade Utility.

Any help is welcome.

Thanks

0 Kudos
mcoomber

Hi Joe,

I am having a similar problem with by Altalink C8070. I have gone through this process but unfortunately I do not have "Validate Server Certificate" within the page. I am using version 100.003.008.05700. 

Can you help out? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
CherylO-Xerox
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Hi unchepaulse, 

Thank you for using the Support Forum. Please take a look at this firmware information and make sure you are on the latest firmware and have loaded the newest Service Pack.  

The instruction for setting up email to Office365 is very similar to those provided for the C8055 but here is a link to the article in the onlilne support for the AltaLink B7035 to setup with a third party ....  Please consider contacting your support centre for further assistance.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

Kindly share setup and firware version for 7035 as i am having the same issue with B7035 model.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Joe Arseneau
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Assuming the time is correct then you have the box to validate server certificate checked and your 78XX is out of date firmware wise because it would have the same option/issue if it was up to date

So go in and un-check it on the Altalink

Capture.PNG

As for host name, I suggest adding .local to it at the end (It will stop the error that will occur next in most cases when you fix the above)

Unless you work at Telus I don't understand why you use their domain, If you don't have a Domain or don't know it, just use Workgroup.local. Your ISP is irrelevant.

If my first suggestion isn't the fix, you can compare the trace logs between the 2 devices in Wireshark, just turn the feature on to trace, do a scan on both (Actual scan, not the test thing), stop the trace, download it and open both in Wireshark, filter for SMTP and compare where they differ

2.PNG

But realistically speaking, the devices are identical and behave exactly the same unless they are on different firmware bases, which would mean the 78XX is much older than current and does not have the validate server certificate option because of that and therefore wasn't noticed when setting up the Altalink (Which has it on by default, and it causes exactly what you are seeing there)

Current firmware for the 783X is here

Release notes for both devices firmware updates are attached <Not needed, just handy>

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
prestonh

This fixed it for me! Thank you so much Joe!! Here's a Kudos from me

0 Kudos
Joe Arseneau
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

New Firmware for AltaLink And Connectkey have a new feature that is enabled by default and it causes this exact issue.

See EWS > Properties > Connectivity > Setup > SMTP (Email) > Edit > Connection Encryption and un-check Validate Server Certificate which has been enabled by default and doesn't work with Gmial , Office365, Exchange or Yahoo, or Godaddy etc etc.

11.JPG

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
EddieL

Were you able to figure out a solution to this?

I'm having the same issue.

Everything works on my 7035, but not on my 8055.

0 Kudos