cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Unable to scan to shared folder

Product Name: WorkCentre 3345
Operating System: Windows Server 2016 x64

So I originally was able to connect the printer up to SMB file sharing and would scan to a folder successfully, but a few things have changed, and now it has been spitting out error pages...

The set up at the beginning was:

Host PC running Windows 10 && Hyper V

Guest VM running Windows Server 2019 Essentials as DC and File Share - static IP

Xerox WorkCentre - static IP signed in under Admin on active directory.

Like I said, everything worked perfect! No issues, then the changes we made

We moved the guest OS to an actual server running the same OS as the guest. Just shut the guest down, copied the file over and booted it up. No change in IP, firewall, or SMB fileshare settings.

Thats when it stopped working. However I didn't think much of it cause the ADF stopped working on the printer itself and we were going to set up a new one under warranty.

That came in, I statically assigned the IP as the same as the old one, set it up exactly the same way I set up the old one and still nothing, I get errors printed out. I have to scan to a USB drive.

Any ideas?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Unable to scan to shared folder

While describing the environment perfectly you described nothing about the specific error and therefore left nothing to troubleshoot from the scanner perspective.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos
Highlighted

The printout just says 

Status.....................Failed

File exists or the failure is unspecified

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

So change the File name and see what happens

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos
Highlighted

First thing I tried. Besides, it's set to append a number to it if the file name already exists.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

But it will only append until 999, so changing the name is step one.

That error is also seen and requires a firmware update when scanning to a DFS, but your post nulls that.

macOS Catalina has that error unless you change the login to either IP\username or Hostname\Username, and its random which one will work it seems, but again, your post seems to negate that (may be worth trying though)

It could be the new server is SMBv3 only where the old definitely (unless you changed it) accepted SMBv2, and if that is the case, you would need to update the firmware to 60.006.07.000

Joe Arseneau
Highlighted

I was able to change the firmware, however I am still getting errors, but no printout.

Here is the settings on the printerCapture.JPG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Why would you use port 139 for SMB on a current OS? 445 is the default is what it should be

Switch to the IP instead of the hostname just to take DNS out of the equation

And unless the printer itself is registered on the domain, then the format of the username as well is incorrect. It will be either Domain\User, Hostname\user or an email address

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos
Highlighted

@Joe Arseneau wrote:

Why would you use port 139 for SMB on a current OS? 445 is the default is what it should be

Switch to the IP instead of the hostname just to take DNS out of the equation

And unless the printer itself is registered on the domain, then the format of the username as well is incorrect. It will be either Domain\User, Hostname\user or an email address

139 was just defaulted and I didn't think anything of it, however I did change the port to 445 and made the other suggested changes, as well as made sure on the server-end that "everyone" had access to the shared folder, and I am still getting errors, only this time they are almost immediate after scanning. Unlike prior, it would take a good minute before giving an error.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Then at this point it is down to firmware, since you got a new device I would assume this one is on a release version, update the te latest from right here.

It has 3 major SMB fixes since the last general firmware (60.006.06.000)

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos